Sign in to follow this  
slicksilver

DVR video feed security question

I'm planning on getting a 8 channel DVR with a 2TB and 4 cameras for a store. CP Plus will be the brand. I'm paranoid that the company which is doing the installation will have access to the video feed without my knowledge. Is this possible? They are setting up internet feed for me on my iPhone thru their own app. They said they dont require a static ip and dynamic is fine. Do I need to be worried? I ask this because we are the market leaders in the business we are involved and am worried that my feed will get in the hands of the competitors. If there is no fool proof way to do this, I'm even considering dropping the project.

set up the network yourself, I'm sure no one at their company would complain.

Great! Thanks. What iOS and android apps should I be looking at?

the installer should give you an admin id and password after networking your DVR. you need to change that for sure(possible on DVR or through software on PC) else anyone with the password can access the video feed.

I have used the app MEye and suggested it to many customers, it works fine but I use the free version (paid version is called MEyePro) and in the free version you get all those ads around but should work fine if you see your feed once in while. Sometime it crashes (not many times for me) but that could be result of not having the latest iOS or latest version of the App.

App is available in all app stores.

There are many cam apps around though.