pilotos

Hikvision USB to rs485 wiring question ?

Hello ,

my camera is a Hikvision analog , and i bought a USB to rs485 adapter in order to have access to the cameras OSD menu from my laptop.....I have installed the drivers (Prolific) the Comm Port is number 4 , baud rate at 9600 , and select Pelco D protocol....

From the adapter i connect T-/A and T-/B to the cameras D+ D- accordingly , and nothing else......the camera is set as a Pelco D , baud rate 9600....

I am using a software PTZ Controll in order to access the OSD menu , and i select RS 485/422 , Pelco D etc...........

...........but the osd menu doesn't appear on screen......I am not sure if i have done the wiring connections correct so i am attaching 2 photos and i would really appreciate your guidance into this.....it seems that there is not communication............

Thanks

Nikolas.

adapter.JPG.a9e80c328dc964f98e43c9aaea6be1f0.JPG

camera.JPG.059b207ba826a644adcd5c72e85a5735.JPG

have you tried to reverse the polarity of the RS485 connection? try swapping the D+ and D- wires

also on most cams using Pelco-D you would use Preset 95 to enter the OSD

have you tried to reverse the polarity of the RS485 connection? try swapping the D+ and D- wires

also on most cams using Pelco-D you would use Preset 95 to enter the OSD

Thank you for giving me this answer ,

i made a clean install again of the Prolific drivers on my PC and re-checked my wires....At the end everything worked just fine..

Once again , many thanks..