Sign in to follow this  
ljw2k

Hikvision IVMS-4200 system resource error message help!

This happens every day and stops my live view my camera is English Hikvision DS-2CD2532F-I 2.8mm lens

Computer specification:

Intel i5

8 Gb Memory

HD4000 Intel Graphics

256 Samsung Evo Pro SSD Drive

2Tb WD Purple drive

Windows 7 / 64

Every morning I wake up I see the below error message in Hikvision software and it stops the live view, can anyone help me with this problem please.

010.jpg.65dad2b526b121a35b02ab3af3f4a550.jpg

This happens every day and stops my live view my camera is English Hikvision DS-2CD2532F-I 2.8mm lens

Computer specification:

Intel i5

8 Gb Memory

HD4000 Intel Graphics

256 Samsung Evo Pro SSD Drive

2Tb WD Purple drive

Windows 7 / 64

Every morning I wake up I see the below error message in Hikvision software and it stops the live view, can anyone help me with this problem please.

I gather from your post that you are trying to record footage from your camera 24/7.

The iVMS4200 is really desiged as a client app to retrieve footage from a Hikvision DVR or the PC_NVR.

It sounds like you should be using the Hikvision PC_NVR software which is also a free download and is specifically designed to act as a software DVR to run 24/7 on a PC.

The iVMS4200 can be used as a remote client to review live and recorded footage from the PC based PC_NVR.

Both iVMS4200 and PC_NVR look similar in many ways but the PC_NVR is specifically tailored to run 24/7 on server or standalone dedicated PC.

I've been running PC_NVR on a HP Microserver with 5 cameras for months and never had a crash. I use the iVMS4200 as a remote client from by desktop and also use the iphone and android apps to view/review footage from the PC_NVR.

The software works very well and the PC_NVR seems to have very low resource requirements. I'm running it in a virtual machine on my Microserver with only 2GB memory reserved under Windows 7 x64.

Many thanks for your reply and I will go and get the software and try it.

Much appreciated Andrew

**EDIT** You are a star mate all set up and configured and so much easier.