mrmark01

Installation advice Needed.

Hi Everyone,

I have a big installation job coming up where we going to be installing 25 + Axis P5415-E and M3026 on a rough surface, pls see attached jpeg. My thoughts are to use a think rubberised gasket with a custom metal bracket. The gasket to conform to the uneven surface and the metal bracket to provide flat surface for camera mount. For the screws I'm thinking maybe I can get away with tap

cons but I might have to use lugs.

thoughts?

Mark

cailex(reduced).jpg.9a683e50260b47d93bf472702f18acca.jpg

No experience mounting on this surface, but I think gasket is not going to work too good.

Perhaps you can just put something like piece of wood or metal nut to align each mount straight if needed.

Let us know how you did this after you done

Hi Everyone,

I have a big installation job coming up where we going to be installing 25 + Axis P5415-E and M3026 on a rough surface, pls see attached jpeg. My thoughts are to use a think rubberised gasket with a custom metal bracket. The gasket to conform to the uneven surface and the metal bracket to provide flat surface for camera mount. For the screws I'm thinking maybe I can get away with tap

cons but I might have to use lugs.

thoughts?

Mark

If there's no way to move it to a soffit or other flat surface, I think I would just space it out with washers in the low spots so the cam sits straight(I carry nylon washers for these exact situations!) then just silicone around the perimeter of cam, leaving a weep hole at the bottom for any moisture to escape. I have also had to break out the SDS chisel bit on a few past installs to knock down high spots...with the property owners permission of course!!