mikeg

parabolic microphone

hi

bird mic is best for omny directional and simple more than one for triangulation

calculation (city gunshut monitoring sytem)

if need directional than pipe organ mic (RIFLE MICROPHONE Omnipotent, Incorporated)

mic used is like in hearing aid ~$20

start to good low cost sound

google = (roof bird sound monitoring mic)

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/kalahari/migrating.html

dusan

I am back. what a story. I think I should call Hollywood.

I built the best mic and it recorded everything.

When the next gun fire occured I called the police, they searched the woods and found nothing, said I made it up. I played the tape they held a private meeting and said "sighting a gun is legall"

Afew hours later more gun fire, I call police, they search the woods, find nothing, I play the tape, they say "woods not posted" bye

For a year, all gun fire has been at night now it stopped and now starts only during the day.

Next day gun fire, I call police, they etc etc etc you get the pic.

Each day I call, less gun fire happens.

Then I search the woods and bring back shells, brass, tree stand pics, bullet boxes, pics of no hunting signs etc. I call the police and show them everything and also tell them I bought and installed 5 hunting cameras in the woods, cool cameras by (Moultrie) m/n 200, all gun fire has stopped!!! I will not tell them where the cameras are but show them the empty boxes. Funny Huh! no gun fire, no one caught? yea you all know!

Good for you. Persitence pays off.

Sounds like some of their buddys are the ones doing the firing.

Keep us posted. Sounds like it has been quite a ride.

Those digital cameras are awsome. There are heat /motion triggered within 35'. laser aimed.

They can take 1,2,or 3 still shots, or a 10 second video. Flash or no flash, or auto flash. Memory cards. No sound at all. Hide them anywhere. they have a lcd display on the front that tells you how many pics were taken, how many left and battery life.

The entire unit is weather proof. Great steath cam and portable!

They take those large 6 volt batteries.

They have t.v. out terminals, usb computer terminal,

Completely programable to your needs.

Software self installs to your computer. easy.

Those look like some nice cameras for your purpose. Won’t the flash give away their position though?

I see there is a 6 volt solar panel available for those rechargeable batteries are you using those? If not you might want to consider them so you don’t have to worry about the battery going dead. Those 6 volt batteries probably last a long time though.

How many pictures can you get on one card?

Not much information on their web site about them.

Flash can be turned off, which is what I did on mine.

6 volt battery lasts in the winter 3-6 weeks with flash on.

On board memory is for maybe 20 pics, you can install a memory card for $12.99 for 200 pics or larger card for more.

My kids are getting a kick out of it, they set it out back each night and it takes pics of all the animals.

A college wants to borrow one to see what there workers are carrying out the door at night when they close up.

It sounds pretty useful. From what I read into what you said it sounds like you can program a schedule for when the motion sensor is active or not? So it could be used after hours say near a door like you said an snap peoples pictures.

I am surprised I have not been able to locate a PDF file or something on their web site that gives this information. I am getting more informed by you than I am their site.

Do you have a picture(s) that you can post so we can take a look at it? If you don’t know how to post one PM me and I can give you my email so I can post it or them for you.

I have both the gamespy 100 (1.3 mega pixels) and a gamespy 200 ( 3.1 mega pixels).

They are pretty cool. I have a 512mb and 1gb card. They will take 1000+ pictures. They don't have any schedule. I was thinking about hacking the firmware so that it could take more then 3 pictures per minute. It would be really nice if you could port the images into your computer real time. The motion detection range is a bit short and not very wide, about 22 degrees. It would be nice if it could widened to 70 degrees or so. They work well as game cameras but I'm trying to use them as backup security camera's. The pictures are awesome. Total HD quality. Not as good as a dedicated 3.1 megapixel camera but close.

The Solar cell option is not the best. It will on average double the run time but it won't top off the batteries. The battery just discharges slower.

For certain applications they can replace a complete DVR system.