Sign in to follow this  
gravykid

Problem Connecting to Hikvision DS-2CD2432F-IW

Hey Guys,

Just received some cameras today and I'm trying to connect to them using the iVMS-4200 software. It detects the camera, however I cannot connect - keep getting "Login Failed". I've tried the default of "admin" with the password "12345" and nothing.

Tried putting in the default ip address of 192.0.0.64 in a browser (Firefox/Chrome/Safari), nothing. I should mention I'm running on a Mac.

I have the camera connected via POE in my own network. I thought maybe I had an IP conflict with another device, however that doesn't appear to be the case.

Any thoughts?

Matt

Use SADP to change the IP of the camera to be in the same network as your network.

If you pull up the command prompt window on your computer, type in ipconfig and you will get your current network, the first 3 part of IP address of the camera should match the computer's IP address

for example if my computer is 192.168.1.50

my computer should be something like 192.168.1.60

ah that's right, there is no sadp in mac.

you can change it in ivms 4200 for mac, it'll be under device management then on the bottom, click on Network configuration or something and you can change it then add it

I'm trying to login to the camera that way and it's not working. When I click on "show online devices", it shows up with an IP address of 192.168.1.23 - is that the default IP address it has? I've tried connecting to that address, I've tried changing it and connecting, all to no avail.

Here is a screenshot of what I see....

ScreenShot-IVMS.png.4c6902006f14eee4256c66e4cae89916.png