swine

Pink coloured camera image

Hello.

New to this forum. Just fitted a new video balum to my 3 cam DVR system. The video image is pinkish in colour and cannot adjust.

Anyone got any ideas???

Regards.

have you tried swapping baluns around- does pink picture move with the balun- if so -faulty balun.

Okay.

I tried the balum in all four positions. Same pink picture.

I moved all other balums. pictures okay.

I changed the original balum again for a new one. Still got a pink picture so its not the balum. There is no green colour in the picture.

HELP.

so you are saying that the balun works ok on another camera- no pink when used on the other cameras so balun is ok. So problem must be with the cable or the camera- can you check if the picture is ok at the camera before going onto the balun- sometimes the auto white balance needs to be reset- if it drifts you can get funny colour reproduction.

can you try the camera next to the dvr with a short length of cable to prove camera and balun are good- then that just leaves the cable.

Or another way to test the cable/camera is to swap the camera with another one without a pink color.

If you still have a pink color, it's the cable.

If the pink moves with the camera, it's the camera.

Hi.

I fear its the cable. I had this system installed by a cowboy called cctvrevolution earlier this year. The equipment is shoddy and if you look at a wire its that brittle it breaks. I mention this name because the guy don't care, does not answer emails or respond to threats like trading standards. I found him on ebay where I contacted him and foolishly paid cash on completion for the job. No comeback. If anyone else has problems with this guy let me know.

Now what to do with the cable ???. I have no spares ie camera cable.

Regards.

That sucks. I hate people like him. The 'cash and dash' people.

What type of cable is it? There may still be a way of using it.

I've run ethernet over 20 year old untwisted non-category anything plain old solid core telephone wire, so anything is possible.

Hi.

Don't know what kind of cable it is but there are eight single, or four pairs of wires. Two pairs go to the power Two pairs to the balum. Another clue. At night the pink picture remains pink. Other two are Black and White.

?????

Hi.

Don't know what kind of cable it is but there are eight single, or four pairs of wires. Two pairs go to the power Two pairs to the balum. Another clue. At night the pink picture remains pink. Other two are Black and White.

?????

Well, this could be the camera or the cable, and you need to figure out which. To do so, swap a camera with this one.

If the camera is still pink, it's the cable. I have some ideas for fixes if this is the case.

If the pink moves with the camera, it's the camera.

Try the swap and let us know which one it is.

Hello Samir.

Been looking on the internet I don't think its the cable or camera. I found an article on you tube that is the same. Its the white balance that needs adjusting. The dvr came without instructions and is not named its just a four channel H.264 dvr Do you or anyone know how to adjust white balance on this device???

Regards.

Hello Samir.

Been looking on the internet I don't think its the cable or camera. I found an article on you tube that is the same. Its the white balance that needs adjusting. The dvr came without instructions and is not named its just a four channel H.264 dvr Do you or anyone know how to adjust white balance on this device???

Regards.

I don't think it is simply white balance as you mention it even shows pink when switching to ir mode. I would still try to determine if it is the cable or camera.

White balance would only be adjustable on the camera, not the dvr (unless things have changed in the last few years).

Hello John.

Not yet sorted. Have ordered a new camera today gonna try this next. I live in Burnley BB11

Have ordered a new camera today gonna try this next. I live in Burnley BB11
Why did you order a new camera? You have 3 perfectly good ones you can swap this one with to determine if it's a camera or not. Why guess?

Thought it would be easier with a spare and as its a 4 camera system I can use the extra one if required.

The spare camera can be used to trouble shoot. And as it's a 4 camera system I can add this one.

I guess you could, but when diagnosing things, I usually try to avoid buying anything unless I need it.

Fact is I have no idea how these cameras are fitted to the walls.

They are sony 600TVL so afraid of breaking one. Perhaps you could advise?

I don't know anything about them, but you could always download an instruction manual and see how to disassemble them from the wall.

Fixed. New camera put in and working great. So it was the camera. This system was installed 10th February this year by cctvrevoution of Doncaster. I can't contact the guy he wont answer mails or phone I feel so ripped off Beware this person. I now have a broken/pink picture camera to mess with. Any ideas.

Glad to hear you fixed it.

As far as the broken camera, contact the manufacturer. You just bought a camera and it had a pink tint right out of the box. You have 4 more of these and they work fine so you know it's the camera.