Sign in to follow this  
flynreelow

Normal IP Cam used as Baby Cam

Hey Guys,

Looking for nice IP Camera that can be used as a Baby Monitor Camera. Budget $200 or under.

Looking for something with great Day and Nighttime Viewing. Also needs to be able to be Viewed outside the network with an iPhone or Android.

Looking for something with IRs that wont glow to strong to wake the baby. (IMPORTANT)

Wifi or wired, just looking for some info. POE may be a nice alternative as well.

Thanks for you time....

The nicest cube camera for that purpose is either the Hikvision DS-2CD8464F-EIW Alarm Pro or the DS-2CD2432F-IW Cube, both under $200.

I think for a baby monitor Wifi is way better than wired/POE. That way you can move it anywhere in the house where you have a power outlet, wherever the kid goes, the camera goes.

There are some cheaper cameras with audio and P2P (we use Apexis). I think audio is a must for a baby monitor. P2P is great for those that do not want to bother with configuration, that way you only need to scan a QR code on the camera and presto, you can view the camera from mobiles and tablets without doing any more config (from inside and outside the network).

The nicest cube camera for that purpose is either the Hikvision DS-2CD8464F-EIW Alarm Pro or the DS-2CD2432F-IW Cube, both under $200.

I looked at the Hik site, and didnt see any HUGE differences. Sure the resolution and LUX, but which do you think would be better for my situation using it as a Baby Cam?

Looking as this again, looks like the DS-2CD2432F-I(W) has the 2 way audio as the other does not...?

Thanks

I think for a baby monitor Wifi is way better than wired/POE. That way you can move it anywhere in the house where you have a power outlet, wherever the kid goes, the camera goes.

There are some cheaper cameras with audio and P2P (we use Apexis). I think audio is a must for a baby monitor. P2P is great for those that do not want to bother with configuration, that way you only need to scan a QR code on the camera and presto, you can view the camera from mobiles and tablets without doing any more config (from inside and outside the network).

Which Apexis Camera have you used, that would work well for this application? Any US vendors?

I have two DS-2CD8464F-EIW and one DS-2CD2432F-IW. All are being used as baby monitors and I really can't see a difference. The wife loves them as do the grandparents and the nanny. Our son just turned three so it's time to sell one of them but I've been very happy with Hikvision and the iVMS app. Let me know if you have any questions.

I have two DS-2CD8464F-EIW and one DS-2CD2432F-IW. All are being used as baby monitors and I really can't see a difference. The wife loves them as do the grandparents and the nanny. Our son just turned three so it's time to sell one of them but I've been very happy with Hikvision and the iVMS app. Let me know if you have any questions.

I have heard pros and cons with the iVMS app. How does this app compare to like IP cam Viewer Pro for Apple and Android. Any problems viewing remotely (4g or 3g outside your home network)?

Which Apexis Camera have you used, that would work well for this application? Any US vendors?

APM-JP8105-WS and APM-JP4045-WS are the best for baby monitor, they are dirty cheap. No idea on US vendors, we are from Spain.

http://www.securame.com/camara-ip-apexis-apm-jp8015ws-pan-tilt-10-leds-640x480-audio-wifi-p2p-p-1535.html

http://www.securame.com/camara-ip-apexis-apm-jp4045ws-10-leds-640x480-audio-wifi-p2p-p-1537.html

They are only 640x480, but you are looking for a baby cam, you do not need full HD resolution for face recognition, etc. They both have wifi. They both have bidirectional audio, but from the smartphone app you can only listen or tali, but not both things at the same time (at least it was this way last time I checked).

Hik cameras are also great. But if you want to use IP Cam viewer pro you will not have audio, with both Apexis and Hikvision.