Sign in to follow this  
Toasterman

Camera going bad?

We have two cameras that look exactly like this. Does anyone know what could be causing this degree of image distortion?

I suspect they may be going bad. Is there anything else I can check? I've already looked at the image settings. It does not help to adjust the brightness and contrast.

Unfortunately our manager got laid off and so it is up to me to manage the system which I know nothing about.

Thanks in advance.

Edit:

Nevermind. I just had to turn them off and on again. That's all it was.

877804996_cameraupstairs.png.f4fc65fda1369a90387bab7dc6846a87.png

We have two cameras that look exactly like this. Does anyone know what could be causing this degree of image distortion?

I suspect they may be going bad. Is there anything else I can check? I've already looked at the image settings. It does not help to adjust the brightness and contrast.

Unfortunately our manager got laid off and so it is up to me to manage the system which I know nothing about.

Thanks in advance.

Edit:

Nevermind. I just had to turn them off and on again. That's all it was.

yep, auto iris sticking open. I had this problem with a number of high end cameras of a particular brand. It took forever to convince the supplier that there was an embedded problem. They finally admitted it & retrofitted a new iris control board free of charge for the camera as long as they were still in warranty.