smarty

USB Modems w/ Geo

I'll ask the question again......Original post was about 2 months ago)

Has anyone been able to get an external USB voice modem to fully work with a Geo card? If so, what is the exact type of modem? Geo's website answer is not to helpful.

No serial ports on the motherboad, no more internal PCI slots left open.

Thanks!

I'll ask the question again......Original post was about 2 months ago)

Has anyone been able to get an external USB voice modem to fully work with a Geo card? If so, what is the exact type of modem? Geo's website answer is not to helpful.

No serial ports on the motherboad, no more internal PCI slots left open.

Thanks!

From what I know from their support, only ZyXel or Lucent modems are supported. Maybe this will help you little bit when looking for aprropriate device:

http://www.polvision.com.pl/faqs.asp?lang=en&id=46

Thanks for trying...but this is the exact same information that is on Geo's homepage (I think Polyvision just links to it).

Anyone else? Please.....

USB > Serial adapter, I don't know jack about this specific subject but lots of apps require a hardware modem and most of what you find for sale is software. External serial modems are all hardware and some PCI modems are too, I'm pretty sure all USB modems are software.

Update:

The "ModemBlaster" USB modem (available through Best Buy) does indeed work with Geovison. No special modem setup is needed (just standard Win XP install). Once Geo is configured; upon motion detection (or other defined instances), Geo dials out via the USB modem and plays the selected wave file.

Update:

The "ModemBlaster" USB modem (available through Best Buy) does indeed work with Geovison. No special modem setup is needed (just standard Win XP install). Once Geo is configured; upon motion detection (or other defined instances), Geo dials out via the USB modem and plays the selected wave file.

Can you send us the exact model/type so I can update the compatible modem list? Thanks.