Sign in to follow this  
justinfridell

How is this Ip system so Cheap

Not really that cheap, you guys just aren't familiar with pricing I think.

That kit looks like Swann/Dahua items.

1.3mp fixed lens = $89-119 /ea

8 ch NVR with 4 POE = $199 on sale, $299 usually

2 TB drive = $90 from amazon, $100-120 from supplier

The kit didn't even come with Hard drive...or mention of POE

Any local distributor should be able to come close to that price with Hikvision or Dahua equipment.

Don't buy from amazon, if you buy Swann get it from Costco, generous warranty and return policy.

What system are you going with now? Maybe you are being overcharged...

I'm looking for a 8ch Nvr for 6 Ip camera five inside the warehouse for and one Outside camera, nothing fancy just something to keep an eye on the place. best bang for the buck. I have heard the swann low end bundle systems quality is not that good?

I believe Swann OEM from many vendors...they don't make their own stuff. Its pretty tough to tell who you will get. You want to go with reputable manufacturer or OEM with known manufacturer. 720 p might not be that good for warehouse (I imagine large spaces?)

I'm not a fan of bundles because you are locked into their configuration in order to get a bundled price.

Hi, I just got into installing Ip camera and one of my customers asked me why not go with this system http://www.amazon.com/NVR8-7085-Channel-Network-Recorder-NHD-806/dp/B00IK64E12 It is $799 on the swann site. Is the quality horrible, Please help me explain to my customer why this is not a good system. thanks you

Hi. Bit hard to answer ...... What system are you installing to make your customer think your expensive

You listed the swann. Which system are you installing

The problem I have with OEM like Swann is some cool feature will come out, like Face Detection did on Hikvision, and Swann will not let you install the new firmware until they release which is sometimes never.

For example, 2 years ago I bought a Q-See from Costco which is really a OEM'ed Dahua ipc-hfw2100. I had my other Dahua cameras updated with the latest firmware that fixed some issues with Internet Explorer, but Q-See would not acknowledge any new firmware in 2 years and they said if I install the Dahua firmware it will brick my camera. This is why I believe it's best to buy the original manufacturer product because they keep up with firmware updates for compatibility, features and security and I have a better chance my camera won't be orphaned because the OEM moved on to selling other manufacturers brands.