book

New guy asks a few questions from the pros...

I am about to order a Geovision GV-1240 16-Camera card and am confused by the various vendor's so-called return policies. One vendor allows returns within a month without any fine print. Others only allow returns within 10-15 days if you don't open the package.

Don't open the package???

The other confusing policy is that they insist that the order be placed over the telephone which provides no confirming understanding. I want Version 7.1 software and don't want to get an earlier version. How can I reasonably protect myself with this $1000 transaction?

Thanks!

Version 7.1 isn't out yet.

It has been renamed version 8 and Geo said it will be availble this month.

They could release it around the same time of the upcoming security show.

Good Luck with the new card. I think you will like it. Even without the newest software.

Go through a reputable authorized dealer/reseller -kandcorp

While purchasing Geovision cards for my bars/restaurants employer it seems rather a risky proposition to determine who IS reputable. A bunch sell them on the internet...how can you tell one from another?

Buying from people on this forum is a safer bet.

They have a reputation to maintain.

And I'm not trying to sell you anything.

There are several people on this forum that would be more than happy to sell you GeoVision cards and give you excellent support.

The companies that have banner ads on this site are reputable and can be trusted.