mkkoskin

Axis M3007-PV fisheye ONVIF awesomeness

I have a customer that just installed one of the M3007s and is running ACC4 is why I was asking.

I was hoping to use that as leverage to get him to upgrade.

With 5.6 you can pull the fisheye stream and the quad stream from the camera. It is definitely an improvement over 4.0

I have the Sony fisheye installed, and it works....ok. I've had to set it to continuously record, as the motion detection setting doesn't work with ACC and that camera. I'm not that happy with the quality of the video/images it captures however. I'd rather deploy a few regular cameras to cover the same space, than one of these, just due to the image quality. Does the Oncam fisheye look similar to the Sony?

I have the Sony fisheye installed, and it works....ok. I've had to set it to continuously record, as the motion detection setting doesn't work with ACC and that camera. I'm not that happy with the quality of the video/images it captures however. I'd rather deploy a few regular cameras to cover the same space, than one of these, just due to the image quality. Does the Oncam fisheye look similar to the Sony?

Fisheye cameras are designed for situational awareness if you expect any more you will be disappointed.