empedokles

Can I mount this camera somehow in this particular angle?

Instead of mounting the camera directly to the banister, try and think of something to go between the two; preferably something that will give you a flat surface to attach the camera to and will be easier to mount to the banister.

I find that blocks of wood or small junction boxes are always easy to work with.

Agreed. When I was testing cams a while back, I mounted them to wood planks, which I could move around easily to different locations.

In this case, you could mount it directly to a piece of wood with a hole drilled for the cables, and mount a junction box on the back of the plank to protect the cables if you wanted. Either way, mounting the plank to the railing would be easy.

Good tip. Let's see, if I find some junktion box that has heavy enough walls. But what about the angle? This cam seems to have only a joing for up or down movement or left to right, but not both.

Can you take some additional pictures of the camera or link to it. I believe you just need to loosen a detent toward the bottom of the arm and the whole thing will swivel inside of the base.

It looks like you just need to loosen both of those screws on the arm. One will let you rotate the arm inside the base and the other will let you rotate the camera on the arm.

Just loosen everything up and twist and turn until you get the right angle. That's a standard "3-axis" bracket from what I can tell.

II only see one axis in the middle which can go up and down or left and right, the other are not really axis, but allow to turn the rotate the camera horizonally. Hence it seems I can't mount the camera on a wall, but only on a ceilling. Well, Chinese quality.

Check out Bullet Camera V

http://www.hikvision.com/UploadFile/image/Hikvision%20Installation%20Manual%20of%20Network%20Dome%20Camera%20%20V3.0.0.pdf

View Angle Adjusting

Purpose:

3-axis (pan/tilt/rotation) adjusting allows adjustment for optimum camera rotation and placement .

You can use this function to get the angle of view that you want.

Pan Adjustment

Steps:

1. Loosen the lock screw-1.

2. Adjust the panning position of the camera. The adjusting range is from 0 degrees to 360

degrees.

3. Tighten the lock screw-1.

Tilt Adjustment

Steps:

1. Loosen the lock screw-2.

2. Adjust the tilting position of the camera. The adjusting range is from 0 degrees to 90

degrees.

3. Tighten the lock screw-2.

Rotation Adjustment

Steps:

1. Loosen the lock screw-3.

2. Rotate the rotation position to adjust the azimuth angle of the image. The adjusting range is

from 0 degrees to 360 degrees.

3. Tighten the lock screw-3.

When all else fails, RTFM.