FIERCE4203

Hikvision video analytics raptor 5.2 firmware

If you are using any of the 7604 or 7608 NVR's and are attempting to use line traverse/crossing or intrusion it will not work., These series of NVR's are not capable of using the video analytics from the cameras. This is direct from Hikvision tech support. I think hikvision has to get their head into the game there is a lot of problems that should have been worked out by now with firmware upgrades. They seem to be taking leaps backwards. I think they need more input from installers and end users and not engineers.

It isn't mentioned anywhere in the NVR's firmware, so I don't see how it could ever work.

Maybe their firmware will be updated one day. They added the direct camera access in the last 2.3.9 update, works great.

If you are using any of the 7604 or 7608 NVR's and are attempting to use line traverse/crossing or intrusion it will not work., These series of NVR's are not capable of using the video analytics from the cameras. This is direct from Hikvision tech support.

What does "not capable of using the video analytics from the cameras" mean?

Does this mean the NVR won't register the event and record or does this mean it will not access the camera's configuration controls or...?

Which NVR's are "capable"?

I think hikvision has to get their head into the game there is a lot of problems that should have been worked out by now with firmware upgrades. They seem to be taking leaps backwards. I think they need more input from installers and end users and not engineers.

I think any installer who sells a poorly supported beta product to their customer will deserve their future lack of business, only Costco can get away with this.

I have the DS-9016 NVR, I do have the option for VCA in the NVR for each channel, just like Motion, Alarm, POS, etc but when I tried to get to work, it would not work. I was using the 5.1.6 firmware and was trying to get traverse/line crossing to work. Set it up on the camera, set trigger channel, nothing. I also have the latest firmware running on the DS-9016 and the DS-9016 is their "higher end" unit as well.

Other then stat, I am pleased with the system, I did not buy the cameras for that function, but it would be nice to get it working someday on a couple cameras. This system was a giant upgrade from the junky Gadspot cameras and Zmodo (bigger junk) DVR that I was using.

To use Analytics for hikvision they do specify the 77 series NVR although if using locally you can import the cameras direct to iVMS and get analytic notifications without the correct NVR.

Hope this helps