CraigVM62

Another attempt of a larger CCTV project

A good friend is building a small industrial building complex and moving his business into one of the buildings. Somehow I accepted the challenge if installing a CCTV system. I would really like to get your thoughts on the components I am thinking of using:

Cameras will be

(5) Bosch Dinion LTC 035620

http://www.2mcctv.com/specs/LTC%200356.pdf

(2) Bosch Dinion LTC 045520

http://www.2mcctv.com/specs/LTC0455.pdf

These cameras are running me around $[edit by mod] for the B/W and $[edit by mod] for the Color version. Both Claim to be high resolution so I am wondering if their specifications look good for the money, and if anyone has had good or bad experiences with the Bosch Dinion line. Granted these are the cheaper models in that line.

Housings will be the EMI HIMAG8 with Heater and would most likely buy them from Spytown. Install is in the Pacific Northwest so lots and lots of rain but no sub zero temps.

http://www.apw.com/productsServices/productShowcase/ccevh-14.jsp

[link edit by mod]

Longest runs for power will be 100' via 18awg "Siamese Cable" to Altronix Power supplies providing 1 amp to each Cam and Housing. Video runs will not exceed 160 feet. I was tempted to use cheap baluns since Cat5E is still pretty cheap, but Rory has struck the fear of God in me that they should only be considered if active and by major name brand. So better safe than sorry

This 16 channel DVR was originaly purchased for his home for only 5 cameras, so he now wishes to uitilize in for the new building

http://www.hisharp.com.tw/hisharp_eng/information02.asp?xCLASS1=2&xCLASS2=DVR&xCATNO=HS-DVR163

[link edit by mod]

I will most likely just install it's max Hard Drive allowance and record 24/7 as I don't know how much faith I should have in it's video motion detection.

Since I still have some confusion in how products rate their resolution, will I have no problem seeing the high res claimed by the cameras when being viewed through this DVR ??? From it's video out, I will be feeding two High Res CCTV 21" Monitors to be located in two different offices. Xantech IR Repeater system to allow remote control with the remote control that came with DVR.

I appreciate any thoughts and suggestions you may have

This isn't really a large project but a simple one. I would change the dvr if its an option because its simplex mainly. Bosch Dinion are great cameras but for the price and your application I would spend more on the dvr. Couple questions. Where are your cameras going?(indoor outdoor and such) ANy lighting issues? What are you trying to accomplish with each camera? For instance if outside do you want to see peoples faces, car makes and models, colors and other such things.

For me this would qualify as a "Larger" project since the majority of my experience has been residential installations of 2 to 3 cameras on average. The 30 and 40 camera installations many do here are what I call "Out of My League" installations

All the Bosch cameras mentioned are exterior mounted, mainly looking over side doors and loading areas. Good bit of lighting, all of which will be mounted higher than the cameras, so should be able to keep light sources out of the cameras frame. The 2 color Bosch cameras will be overlooking parking spaces in front of building. These areas should also be pretty well lit at night. I am guessing these are not true "Day / Night" cameras though they mention going into monochrome when light levels fall.

There will also be 2 or 3 additional dome cameras inside overseeing a showroom and transaction area.

The DVR was purchased for the owners home last year for 5 cheap resident cameras. I had mentioned to him that though it workd ok in that application, it might not be up to the task for his business. I understand that we will not see the higher resolution the cameras will offer through this DVR. When all is installed, I will show him via the monitor what the cameras have to offer when routed around the DVR vs ran through them. Perhaps then it will make more sense to upgrade.

Craig, the cameras you referenced are the older verisions. Bosch's new cameras end with the "1" ..like LTC0455/21 or /61. not /20 or /60 anymore. The newer ones have a much better spec. we have the new versions already on our site. Thank you.

Howard

SpyTown.com

Howard,

Thanks for letting me know. I went into my distributor and the part numbers I had to get a quote was confusing them. After looking over prices, I will most likely just order everthing through you.