Dudealicious

Ethernet options

My home video system currently consists of 4 wireless ip cams scattered around my property and a dedicated computer running Blue Iris. Foscam 9805W's. They've all been working great up until a few weeks ago. 2 of them started giving me maybe 10 fps if I'm lucky. And these cover the front of my house/driveway etc. Kind of important. At first I thought my WiFi was competing with a neighbors' so I ran WiFi Explorer and that's not the case. I installed a WiFi extender and that did nothing as well. So I might as well just hardwire them to the NVR. Now my question is does each camera need to plug into the router in the house individually or can I put a router/hub down in the garage, plug each camera into that router, then run 1 ethernet up to the house and plug that into the main router?

It's about a 60 ft run and since I've already run my gate buzzer inside a 1/2" PVC I would just run the additional ethernet in there as well. 1 more ethernet will certainly fit, not sure about 2.

Thanks for the help

Bob

Now my question is does each camera need to plug into the router in the house individually or can I put a router/hub down in the garage, plug each camera into that router, then run 1 ethernet up to the house and plug that into the main router?

You can put it in the garage and run just one cable. Use a switch (or an old hub if you have one around), not a router.