pizza68

CCTV DVR

I have a 750GB hard drive that I put in my CCTV DVR. The system works great up until the hard drive reaches about 150GB of filled space, then it starts to beep and reboot itself.

After formatting it, it goes back to normal but continues to repeat itself from what I stated above.

Is there a certain way to format a CCTV DVR for video? Any suggestions would help?

Thank you

I have a 750GB hard drive that I put in my CCTV DVR. The system works great up until the hard drive reaches about 150GB of filled space, then it starts to beep and reboot itself.

After formatting it, it goes back to normal but continues to repeat itself from what I stated above.

Is there a certain way to format a CCTV DVR for video? Any suggestions would help?

Thank you

It sounds like your hard drive has a bad sector. You're better off replacing the drive if formatting it through the DVR didn't work. Check the warranty status with the manufacturer before you go out and buy a new one.

What if I take the HD out and fix sectors?

Thanks for reply

You certainly can if you know how, but it's been my experience that it's ultimately just a band-aid fix and the HDD will need to eventually be replaced anyway. I guess it depends on how much time you want to spend on a hard drive.

Well the HD was new out of the box, so I don't know why the sectors would be messed up already. I will mess with it for a bit, then probably throw a new one in later.

Thanks for the info

Well the HD was new out of the box, so I don't know why the sectors would be messed up already. I will mess with it for a bit, then probably throw a new one in later.

Thanks for the info

If it's a Seagate, I have no problem believing that. Factory defects are certainly a possibility in other brands too; the issue is no unheard of.

Thanks for the info

Your problem might be HDrive is not compatable with your dvr