oderus1671

cheap Taiwanese junk and Geo on same system?

hey all, new to the forums. I currently have a cheap ebay-bought Taiwanese no-name dvr card in my system right now (4 port 60 fps), and am looking into a nice perty Geo very soon. My question is my budget only (barely, actually!) allows me to afford the gv-650 4 port card. I still, however, wish to use both cards at the same time, as i'm looking to have 6 cameras. Is this possible on one computer, or will they not play nice with each other? Also, will my system be able to run a Geo? I hear they like an Intel board. Specs are below. Thanks for having me here! Look forward to talking to each of you!

AMD XP 3200

Abit NF7-s nforce2 ultra motherboard

1.2 gig pc3200 ram

2x 80gig WD SATA hdd

1x 30gig WD IDE hdd

ATI Radeon 9800pro 128mb

XP Home sp2

Mixing systems or differant card versions is a no no.

Sorry but you can not use differant brand cards in the same system.

Also a DVR is just that a DVR no other uses as they use the system pretty heavy.

Buddy

Most companies build thier cards around the Intel chipset, even though they aren't designed on/around AMD, they still work sometimes. You will just have to try it out. Some of the manufacturers I've called say they work on AMD but they recommend Intel.

thanks for the replies. so basically Im gonna have to plunk down the $$$ for an 8 port then? anyone know of the cheapest place to get a 8 port Geo? Im pretty poor right now! I found a seller on ebay who i verified through Geovisions tech support/customer service that is legit. Hes got the GV-650 for $280. Sound like a good deal to ya'll?

Also, i see on Geo's website they sell small cards to add more cameras. Can i get one of these and add 4 more ports to a geo card?