adeosa

Kalatel DVMRe 16CD HD and latest firmware

I just purchased a DVMRe 16CD (used) can someone let me know the latest firmware version and how do I get the system to see my 250GB HD I recently installed. Its only showing 140GB.

Thanks

The two 80 GB hard drives that came with the system failed. The weird things is...both failed at the same time. I then purchased the 250GB..but it only recognize 140GB

Sorry guys, was sleeping for a change

When it boots up look for the Version number, or go into the menu system and look for it there. If its networked go into the web browser and type in:

http://IPADDRESS/index.ssi

Once you get that to me we can go further,

Be forwarned, if you upgrade to the incorrect firmware you will end up having to chuck it or send it back to GE.

Rory

my symdec blew up after the ge teck loaded upgraded software via my eithernet connection. now in the menu it shows a place for motion detection. but this dvr does not have motion, gee, i think he loaded the wrong upgrade? so i quess its time to go back to GE. i hope they fix whatever they screwed up?

I found a brochure online that states this in regard to the Kalatel DVMRe 16CD: Recording, Hard drive: 15 GB - 30 GB standard to 75 GB optional (or larger call

Kalatel)

This is the link to that brochure: Sorry I could not get the link to paste?

I’m assuming, based on a resent experience that, you will need some sort of firmware or some type of upgrade in order to handle your new HDD.

It looks to me that the brochure is saying you can only have two HDD’s at 75 GB’s each, which equal 150 GB’s. Maybe, the other 10 GB’s goes toward the operating system which, in the end equals a total of 140 GB’s. Again, implying that the unit can't read your new HDD. And again, suggesting that you need a firmware upgrade.

I know that one of the two units I just upgraded displayed - on screen - exactly that. 160 GB,s +160 GB,s = 320 GB,s minus the GB,s used for the operating system. I can’t remember exactly how much was used for the operating system but it was around 20 GB’s.

Anyway, I hope I’m understanding your situation and I also hope this helps in some way?

actually the DVMRe-CT goes up to 1000GB (1TB) internally.

Has external support also.

in a belated answer on the Firm ware i have 5.21 here and the triplexe uploader program, in case you didnt get it straight yet .. though I would still contact GE to be sure the firmware will work with that mode as if not then it would be damaged and would have to send it back to GE, if there is still a warranty on it.

It sounds like if you have the correct & uncorrupted firmware for the respective Kalatel model in flash memory you can just install a new hard drive if needed & the DVMRe 16CD or 16CT will automatically format the drive with the proper & needed files etc. Is this correct?