Sign in to follow this  
bradyboyy88

Viewing IP Cameras in your home network from WORK!!!!!

Hello Everyone and thanks for your help! I have 2 hikvision IP cameras on my network which work great. However I recently purchased a 99 cents a month account for 1and1 own my first website !! I used 1and1 because I hate the security vulnerabilties of running the web server from my house. SO what I was curious about , was if it is possible to stream my ip camera to my website . The catch is at work I cannot download and install anything to the browser or computer so the solution needs to work around that? The camera supports RTSP and I can open the ports for each protocol needed.

I used blueiris web server locally and it generated a website which video did not need anything downloaded to view on even my tv's crappy crappy browser and ran perfectly. Is this same solution possible on a website hosted remotely? I am new to website development and this sort of networking so I come to you guys for some help!

Phone app works great but id rather utilize the computer screens ha

If you cannot install anything on your computer your options are very limited. At least you'd need to install VLC player and use its ActiveX component to watch RTSP feed in web broswer.

You could set up a RTMP server the use flash to watch video, but this requires RTSP->RTMP server which you probably cannot run on a commercial web site.

You are probably left with setting up your camera or DVR software to periodically upload snapshots/clips to your web server then watch those in the browser.

If you cannot install anything on your computer your options are very limited. At least you'd need to install VLC player and use its ActiveX component to watch RTSP feed in web broswer.

You could set up a RTMP server the use flash to watch video, but this requires RTSP->RTMP server which you probably cannot run on a commercial web site.

You are probably left with setting up your camera or DVR software to periodically upload snapshots/clips to your web server then watch those in the browser.

Yea i was thinking about the snapshot idea. Would you know of any way to continuously take snapshots and load them into a website?

Yea i was thinking about the snapshot idea. Would you know of any way to continuously take snapshots and load them into a website?

I don't have Hikvision but my cosiderably cheaper camera has FTP upload built into firmware.

I don't have Hikvision but my cosiderably cheaper camera has FTP upload built into firmware.

Hikviison has ftp as well. What solution are you referring to for ftp? Linking that to website ? I just want to be able to view from work computers . I would not be able to install a ftp client on the computer at work . Plus not sure how live streaming works from ftp given I have only ever used filezilla server and client.

Segregate your cameras on a separate network segment. User strong passwords. Access your cameras on a nonstandard port, say 42345. Use your firewall to close all other ports and you will be more than reasonably secure.

Segregate your cameras on a separate network segment. User strong passwords. Access your cameras on a nonstandard port, say 42345. Use your firewall to close all other ports and you will be more than reasonably secure.

I am not worried about the security of the cameras, I am having trouble accessing them at work because I cannot download anything to the computer, hence the reason I wanted the feed to go to a website that provides feed without tools needed. I think the RTSP to RTMP server idea would work but integrating that with 1and1 might be difficult for me. I am interested in this FTP idea tho.

I am not worried about the security of the cameras, I am having trouble accessing them at work because I cannot download anything to the computer, hence the reason I wanted the feed to go to a website that provides feed without tools needed. I think the RTSP to RTMP server idea would work but integrating that with 1and1 might be difficult for me. I am interested in this FTP idea tho.

http://www.ivideon.com

Will probably work for you

http://www.ivideon.com

Will probably work for you

I am definately going to give that a try . Seems like a great idea. So I dont even have to open any ports because this ivideon account is linked to the LAN as long as computer is on with ivideon server right? Thank you !!!