Boxcleva

IP Camera and Router woes

I previously bought a Video Webserver and even with help from a lot of people on here I just couldnt get the thing to work.

Thinking an IP camera would be an easier option I bought a Aviosys IP Kamera 9060a. It comes with its own software and you supposedly connect it to your router (Dlink DSL G604T) and you can access it. Nope!!

The software just doesnt recognize the existence of the camera.

Here is what I have tried:

I have set the Ip address of the camera in the same range as the router

Have uninstalled / reinstalled the software several times

Disabled ALL security on the Router , Firewall etc

Disabled all security on my PC

Reset the router more times than i care to mention

Disbaled and renenabled DHCP setting on router.

Am really losing the will to live with this damn thing its driving me crazy. If someone can restore my sanity I would be eternally grateful

Thanks

Box

You mean you cannot even view it locally? Normally, they will come with a utility call IP edit or something similar. With this software you can detect the camera IP & change it to match your own network IP.

Hi ,

Yeah , it doesnt recognize the camera locally. It did do very breifly , but still didnt display pictures. When i tried to configure it , it would even accept the default username and password

Hi Boxcleva,

Like WirelessEye said, try doing a factory reset on the camera. I'm not very familiar with Aviosys cameras but you can also try connecting the camera to your PC with a crossover cable. If you can access it that way, you can set the IP to be within the DHCP scope of your router. Then reconnect the camera to the router.

Check the manual to see if the camera will attain an IP automatically from your router. I know some IP cameras have a default IP they start up with and this can be a problem if the default IP is not in the same scope as your router.

Cheers!