UBNT17

$40k+ for a camera system?

We are in need of a complete video surveillance system. We've received a quote from a local company to furnish all hardware and labor to install a complete turnkey system, however, the quote is $40k++. Seems extremely high and I wanted to see if anyone can elaborate on this to see if this seems reasonable or high as well.

30 TB rack mount NVR (RAID)

UPS

Server rack cabinet (locking)

10 - 360 degree fisheye cameras (3MP)

Labor, programming, training

6 motion sensors and 12 door contacts with keypad

Router

6 - indoor cameras (Analog)

1 - analog encoder (16 channel)

10 - IR Flood light

1 - 24 port Power Over Ethernet Switch

16 - IP camera license pack for NVR

5 - Outdoor cameras (IP Dome cameras)

I'm technically savvy, but newer to the security system arena. Quoting out similar hardware off Amazon / other sites, seems they are charging 2x for each component. Obviously, probably not the exact setup, but I configured similar quantity hardware / NVR storage and it was less than $15k.

Thoughts?

We are in need of a complete video surveillance system. We've received a quote from a local company to furnish all hardware and labor to install a complete turnkey system, however, the quote is $40k++. Seems extremely high and I wanted to see if anyone can elaborate on this to see if this seems reasonable or high as well.

UPS

Router

10 - IR Flood light

I'm technically savvy, but newer to the security system arena. Quoting out similar hardware off Amazon / other sites, seems they are charging 2x for each component. Obviously, probably not the exact setup, but I configured similar quantity hardware / NVR storage and it was less than $15k.

Thoughts?

And software name is ?

IP cameras brand ?

You should call and meet with Alex (AK357). Exacq is a high priced box that has some proprietary software & hardware issues which add up to more money spent. You would do better to go with Video Insight or Avigilon.

Video Insight has a few Programs out now that allow for you to keep current analog's and over time convert them to IP as needed. They also have a cool Access Control integration that is used in over 5000 schools. Yes, I am a Dealer and I can help you but I am in Idaho and won't go any further North Also, they now sell Advidia IP cams with the license and a 3 year warranty. Cams are clean and provide the best pic I've seen from cams to date........dollar for dollar.

You should call and meet with Alex (AK357). Exacq is a high priced box that has some proprietary software & hardware issues which add up to more money spent. You would do better to go with Video Insight or Avigilon.

Video Insight has a few Programs out now that allow for you to keep current analog's and over time convert them to IP as needed. They also have a cool Access Control integration that is used in over 5000 schools. Yes, I am a Dealer and I can help you but I am in Idaho and won't go any further North Also, they now sell Advidia IP cams with the license and a 3 year warranty. Cams are clean and provide the best pic I've seen from cams to date........dollar for dollar.

Video Insight and Advidia cameras are rebranded Hikvision.

As for you price based off the hardware you listed 40K installed doesn't seem out of line. The 30TB server would be the majority of that price if that is name brand server.

I would just be careful mixing Fisheyes with that Exacq NVR even if its top of the line...especially with 10 of them, have your installer ever tested this ? Does it de-warp the image after recording or are you just recording a 360 degree view?

Hi everyone and thanks for the replies so far!

The system does dewarp into a panoramic image and it can split the 360 degree image into 4 dewarped images.

The more I learn about different systems, software and hardware - the more I'm convinced it's best to build a system from ground up rather than outsource this.

Huge thanks to Alex for showing me around earlier too!

UPS

Router

10 - IR Flood light

Thoughts?

I work for a security company that provides analog and IP systems. I would be more concerned that the system doesn't cost enough. The pricing is in line with the market and in fact is lower than I think you'll find anywhere else. I've seen NVRs with 30 TB RAID etc. that run $20 K + Exacq, Axis, Pelco etc. A system like this with the amount of labor, testing and programming involved could easily sell for $50-$60K plus depending on who you buy from. I would get estimates from two additional vendors and compare apples to apples. I'd pick the vendor that is willing an capable of servicing the system beyond the initial sale. There is a lot of maintenance required on an IP system to ensure it's functioning properly.

Thanks for the comments. What type of maintenance are you referring to exactly? On the VMS side, network, cameras, etc?

Thanks for the comments. What type of maintenance are you referring to exactly? On the VMS side, network, cameras, etc?

There is a litany of maintenance from hardware failure e.g. a camera is tampered with and needs service, hardware failure, hard drive, POE switch, Camera, NVR etc. Your company may make a network or router change and the system goes down and needs to get back up and running. User updates on the software side, granting denying access to a user, remote access etc. Much of the software service can be handled internally, but you want to make sure you or someone in the organization is properly trained to make changes and completely understands what changes to the software configuration means to the functionality of the system.

This is just of the top of my head, it is a bit more complex than what I've explained here to maintain and service and IP system.

There is a litany of maintenance from hardware failure e.g. a camera is tampered with and needs service, hardware failure, hard drive, POE switch, Camera, NVR etc. Your company may make a network or router change and the system goes down and needs to get back up and running. User updates on the software side, granting denying access to a user, remote access etc. Much of the software service can be handled internally, but you want to make sure you or someone in the organization is properly trained to make changes and completely understands what changes to the software configuration means to the functionality of the system.

This is just of the top of my head, it is a bit more complex than what I've explained here to maintain and service and IP system.

What DO YOU offer to your customers ?

Uhhh. Video Insight over Exacq? You must be a dealer for them. Quite the opposite is true. Video Insight was a flopped pet project of Altex. Video Insight owns Advidia. This is dragging the bottom of the camera market here. This is sales advice not good advice. Video Insight is Extremely server loaded and Network loaded. Software handles data horrifically. Requires multiple server programs to run. Sales guys harass you endlessly for license upgrades you don't need. License pricing is higher on average than Exacq or Onssi and performance is not even comparable. Not trying to troll you here, and I rarely comment on forums. But, having extensive experience with several VMS's I can tell you that the above statement is categorically incorrect. Also, Samsungs chipset blows Advidias out of the water with a better cleaner image and lower bitrate at a similar price. Exacq and Onssi both have all the triggering and features you referenced built into their software without the need for additional software to make them work. I thought this was an informational forum....