Sign in to follow this  
thebeginning99

Buying a complete set

I am new to the forum and new to camera systems.

I have spent a couple of days reading through the forum kinda have a idea which way I should go. From the forum I gather I should stick with Dahua or Hikvision. And if buying from Costco should go with AvertX. I probably have that all wrong but that is what i gather from reading this forum.

Here is what I am looking for, I would like a all in one system, I'm not too tech savvy, or a separate system that someone has already that they know all of the components will work together.

8-10 cameras

IP system

All outdoors

Decent sized HDD.

Good D & N clarity.

1000-1500 range.

Can anyone recommend a system that I can put together from Amazon, or a complete system from Sam's, Costco or Website that will cover for a house that I am building.

Thanks

I'm real happy with my Geovision system. You can get good used 16 camera cards on Ebay for not much money and plug it into your home Intel based desktop. Make sure it comes w/ version 8.0 or better to run on a Win7 OS.

Pretty straight forward GUI and easy to use. Just dedicate a 1T drive and you should be able to record weeks of video. Supports 4 mics as well and is viewable over the internet.

Or buy one already built and configed: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dell-GV800-DVR-System-1TB-16-Channels-GV8-5-9-120fps-Win7-Hybrid-CCTV-/131281988334?pt=US_Surveillance_Digital_Video_Recorders_Cards&hash=item1e91042aee

I am not affiliated with this ebay listing. Just a suggestion.

CraigO

I am new to the forum and new to camera systems.

I have spent a couple of days reading through the forum kinda have a idea which way I should go. From the forum I gather I should stick with Dahua or Hikvision. And if buying from Costco should go with AvertX. I probably have that all wrong but that is what i gather from reading this forum.

Here is what I am looking for, I would like a all in one system, I'm not too tech savvy, or a separate system that someone has already that they know all of the components will work together.

8-10 cameras

IP system

All outdoors

Decent sized HDD.

Good D & N clarity.

1000-1500 range.

Can anyone recommend a system that I can put together from Amazon, or a complete system from Sam's, Costco or Website that will cover for a house that I am building.

Thanks

Pick up a Swann system from costco. They are about $1200 and are simple to install if that's what you are looking for in your range.

Thanks.

Do anyone know if Dahua or Hikvision makes complete sets or are they all piece together.

Dahua/Hikvision are manufacturers. The companies they OEM their products to tend to be the ones that will sell packages.

Where are you located? I may be able to help you out.

Thanks.

Do anyone know if Dahua or Hikvision makes complete sets or are they all piece together.

Howdy,

Dahua Security Products are OEM'd to Q-See products in the United States.

Hikvision Products are OEM'd to Swann products in the United States.

They are also rebranded into others as well.

Both packaged products are sold at Costco and Sam's.

At either Costco or Sam's club you will have they fantastic return policy.

Once you have a system, you could always add other components from the manufacturer too.

Thanks.

Both of them are not compatible very well, and not all products. Now Dahua NVR52 series can compatible with Hikvision IP Cameras. But I advise you to take Dahua or Hikvision ,just take one or them in a system, because they are competitor, can not give you 100% compatible service.