headcoat

Camera for Swann H.264

Hi all

We have a Swann H.264 system installed and recently had a break in to my car, this was at night and the images are not too good. I have a few queries, which hopefully someone will be able to answer.

Is it possible to add different and better camera to this system?

Do they have to be Swann ones or will any do?

What would you recommend for low light situations, or should we just fit a PIR lsecurity light?

Thanks in advance.

Well Swann cameras are HikVision Cameras so that being said, you can get any camera that is Onvif based and will work, they support some 3rd party cameras but most don't work fully. So you can hook up any HikVision cameras and will work. May i ask what cameras do you have now that are bad, what model numbers are they.

Also to be precise, the camera that is watching your drive where your car was broken into, how far is the car from the camera location. You can get a wide angle camera but there would be no purpose of it when you zoom in and the image is pixelated. Know specific specifications will help you get the best system possible.

Well Swann cameras are HikVision Cameras so that being said, you can get any camera that is Onvif based and will work, they support some 3rd party cameras but most don't work fully. So you can hook up any HikVision cameras and will work. May i ask what cameras do you have now that are bad, what model numbers are they.

Also to be precise, the camera that is watching your drive where your car was broken into, how far is the car from the camera location. You can get a wide angle camera but there would be no purpose of it when you zoom in and the image is pixelated. Know specific specifications will help you get the best system possible.

Thanks for the replies, the cameras are PRO-560 with 480 TVL.

The car is approx 7m away from the house, and we probably have the camera too high, it is up at eaves level.

WOW, I'm suppressed you can actually see a video feed from those cameras. Honestly this is what i recommend.....Rather than trying to find a better Analog camera to replace, it is 100% better to actually upgrade your entire camera system because Analog has really bad quality no matter which watt you go. I recommend you replacing your system with IP, because you can customize each individual camera to the specific locations environment and you will love it and THANK ME afterwards. But if you really want to spend less money on a newer system than i would definitely go with HD-TVI Camera system from HikVision and you can use your old Coaxial Lines that are already there because if you go with IP, you will need to replace the Coaxial Cables with Ethernet Cable (I recommend that you go with IP for best System). But if you still insist on keeping your old system but just want to replace that one camera, than i would go with a minimum 720TVL Camera with either a varifocal lens or 3.6MM lens, or if you want to get more of an angle on your property then get a 2.8MM lens, you can go to Swann.com and get one from there or find the one that suits you rom there website and find the exact one for cheaper online but make sure its compatible with your DVR. What is the model number on that DVR of yours.

Wow replace full system ONLY IP CAMERAS WORK

Analog has been around 60 years it can still do the job.

Yes with your Swann system you can connect any analog camera

Replace the camera looking at your car with a good VF lens camera something like CNB or samsung