kyee

Avigilon issues with iOS (iPhone & iPad)

I've installed 6 Avigilon systems at our different offices. Running versions 5.2 & the recently released 5.4 on the server & clients. Remotely viewing via mobile device was working fine, up till iOS 8 was released. Now all I get are Authentication Error 401 messages, or I can't even connect to some of the gateways.

I'm assuming this has to do somehow with the iOS update? Using the ACC client on a PC remotely over the web works fine, it's just iOS devices I'm having issues with. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Kevin

I just checked that setting, and it already was unchecked.

On this particular server/gateway, the error I get from the mobile client when trying to log into it is Server Error [-203]

Yes, have restarted multiple times.

Avigilon Control Center Gateway Version: 5.4.0.30

thanks.

Yes, when on the same network, I can view the video from my laptop with the ACC client software just fine. This can be hard wired, or on the internal wireless. If using my iPad or iPhone on the internal wireless network, I cannot view the video. So the problem occurs on iOS devices when on the internal network as well as external.

Yes, when on the same network, I can view the video from my laptop with the ACC client software just fine. This can be hard wired, or on the internal wireless. If using my iPad or iPhone on the internal wireless network, I cannot view the video. So the problem occurs on iOS devices when on the internal network as well as external.

I'm not trying to insult your intelligence here so don't take this the wrong way because I don't know your level of network skill.

When you tried the mobile devices on the local network did you configure the connection with the local IP? Or did you leave the Internet IP in the settings?

That's a fair question. I'm comfortable with network settings, private/public IP ranges, WiFi setup, etc.

I've setup 6 of these Avigilon setups at my work offices thus far, and they all work fine. I always setup the mobile client to access the external facing IP, so that I don't need to run any VPN client on them, or have to setup dual gateways for internal vs. external. The firewalls are setup to resolve and pass thru the external IP address. For my work offices, I setup a DNS name entry so that I don't have to remember the static public IP address of every office. For my home, however, I'm just using the public IP for the gateway entry.

It's really strange, this all worked as I have it configured now, up till around when iOS 8 was released, which is why I assumed it was due to some update in that software. When I add the gateway by IP address, it actually resolves it, and gives me the green checkmark next to it. It's when I then click on that gateway name, open it up, that it then shows a red X after a few seconds next to it, with "not available" under the gateway name.

Again, connecting with a PC is no problem.

Please call support this issue was resolved in 5.4.0.32. Let them know you at still having issues with iOS and the Gateway.

Are you having any issues with the HTML web interface?

Having same trouble here, all iPads worked great until iOS update. Now even with all the avigilons updated, still unable to access any cams, just getting the authentication error.

Easy fix

Make sure "enable http authentication" is NOT check marked.

Thank you a lot ...!

It works for me

Andres.