Sign in to follow this  
ritchie

Micro CCD camera + laptop?

A while ago I purchased a wireless micro CCD camera with reciever. I was at first excited that I could hook up a hidden camera to my laptop to view video in real time, but dissapointed when I couldn't find any information on how to do this.

I have been able to successfuly hook the wireless camera up to a TV moniter, and have also been able to get some cables that convert the A/V connectors to a TV cable connection to the back of my Laptop.

The problem is that once I hook up the cameras receiver to my laptop, I have no idea how to view a live feed. I have a media player that has a deinterlacer built in, as well as the ability to select video input from a variety of capture devices, but this doesnt seem to work.

I have USB slots, S video, Cable, etc....

What am I doing wrong?

What kind of capture device do you have for your laptop? That looks like a standard novelty based 1.2Ghz or 2.4Ghz Wireless camera. I think your trouble is going to be with your capture device.

The only thing you need to do on the camera is tune it in with the adjustment knob, which you already know how to do as you said you got it to work when you hooked it up to your TV.

What model capture device do you have for your laptop?

Yes, its a 2.4ghz novelty camera.

Not sure what you mean by capture card, but I have a Toshiba TV tuner if that means anything?

Yes, its a 2.4ghz novelty camera.

Not sure what you mean by capture card, but I have a Toshiba TV tuner if that means anything?

If you want to use it with a TV tuner you will need to modulate it to a specific channel. You can try any of the devices that allow you to connect DVD players to older TVs without composite inputs.

Your Svideo is probably an output.

You are looking for a composite video input, doesn't really matter what kind of terminal it has.