mortacci

960h Camera not displaying 16x9

I have recently purchased a 960h camera and it is suppose to be widescreen but it is not. The specs show 976(H) x 494(V) but when I connect it straight up to a 16x9 TV using BNC to RCA connector it becomes stretched. It's as if the camera is 4:3. I even connected it to an old 4:3 monitor and it displays 4:3 like the D1 format. Why is it not at 16x9?

Here is what I bought.

"http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-3-SONY-960H-Super-HAD-CCD-700TVL-EFFIO-E-NIGHTVISION-CCTV-SECURITY-DOME-CAMERA-/121451341137?pt=US_Security_Cameras&hash=item1c47106551"

If I want true 16x9 BNC camera, did I buy the wrong one? Which do I need?

Thanks,

Mortacci

Translation: 960H cameras only display wide screen when connected to a 960H DVR.

Ok so I'm connected to a 960H DVR. Should an image of a person look stretched/fat? That is what I am getting.

Can you or anyone answer this question?

If I connect the 960h camera directly to a 4:3 monitor via BNC to RCA yellow on the monitor, what should I see?

A. 16x9 image with black bars on the top and bottom with no image stretching. (image of a person will look normal).

B. 4x3 image that is squishing the 16x9 image into the 4x3 monitor. No black bars. (Image of a person will look skinny and tall)

C. 4x3 image that cuts off the right and left sides. No black bars (Image of a person looks normal)

D. A normal 4x3 image with no black bars.(Image of a person looks normal)

I would think the answer would be B or maybe A, but I am getting D instead. Since I am getting D, I'm assuming that the camera is not 960h and it is D1.

Translation: 960H cameras only display wide screen when connected to a 960H DVR.

Ok so I'm connected to a 960H DVR. Should an image of a person look stretched/fat? That is what I am getting.

Can you or anyone answer this question?

If I connect the 960h camera directly to a 4:3 monitor via BNC to RCA yellow on the monitor, what should I see?

A. 16x9 image with black bars on the top and bottom with no image stretching. (image of a person will look normal).

B. 4x3 image that is squishing the 16x9 image into the 4x3 monitor. No black bars. (Image of a person will look skinny and tall)

C. 4x3 image that cuts off the right and left sides. No black bars (Image of a person looks normal)

D. A normal 4x3 image with no black bars.(Image of a person looks normal)

I would think the answer would be B or maybe A, but I am getting D instead. Since I am getting D, I'm assuming that the camera is not 960h and it is D1.

First, you should have said that you had a 960H DVR. The image is going to look stretched on a 16:9 screen format, the image is displayed in pixels, and to cover a true 16:9 format you need 1280x720 native resolution coming from the source. But the change should be minimal. Your best bet is to take a pic and post it here so we can see what it is that you are looking at

Attached are 2 photo snapshots from my DVR. One pic is when I set the DVR settings to D1 and then the other is when I set the DVR to 960h.

4x3.jpg.0c8cb1c6674073d2019ff632a0292a0c.jpg

16x9.jpg.dbac13071f43cf23391082adcd356d33.jpg

Attached are 2 photo snapshots from my DVR. One pic is when I set the DVR settings to D1 and then the other is when I set the DVR to 960h.

Under 16:9 ratio, you set D1 resolution, under 4:3 ratio, you set 960H resolution " title="Applause" />

Under 16:9 ratio, you set D1 resolution, under 4:3 ratio, you set 960H resolution " title="Applause" />

I don't understand what you mean by this.

I don't understand what you mean by this.

D1 resolution is 704 x 480, 4:3 ratio. if you display it in 16:9, the image of course will be stretched, 960H resolution is a kind of D1 resolution under 16:9 ratio, it's resolution is 960 x 480. But it have to display 16:9 ratio through 960H DVR.

D1 resolution is 704 x 480, 4:3 ratio. if you display it in 16:9, the image of course will be stretched, 960H resolution is a kind of D1 resolution under 16:9 ratio, it's resolution is 960 x 480. But it have to display 16:9 ratio through 960H DVR.

I am aware of the resolution and ratios, however I am still getting a stretched image on a supposedly 960h camera. It must be that the camera is not a true 960h but a D1 instead. So I will return the cameras.

Can you or anyone refer me to a "true" 960h camera that is widescreen and not stretched?

Thanks