aurmol

Dahua dvr/nvr Mail, totally unable to work

I tried all combinations. The Mail can't work. Anything I missed?

SMTP Server: smtp.mail.yahoo.com Port: 465 (or 587 for secure)

Anonymous: Blank

User Name: (my email user name without @ and with tested) Password: (email password)

Receiver (any email.. what should I put.. I tried different ones)

Sender (any email... what should I put.. I tried different ones)

Subject: (blank)

Attachment (check or uncheck tested)

Encrypt Type: NONE

Event Interval: 120

Health Enable: Blank

Interval: 60

Test: Mail Test Error

always appear

in the TCP-IP. Preferred DNS is 8.8.8.8 and Alternate DNS is 8.8.4.4

In the router isp DNS.. they are all zero

someone was said to solve it by the the DNS entry, but there is none in my isp router. So what should I change it into. Any other clue how to make it work? Did yours work? What exactly did you put above?

Gmail accounts are the only ones I've been able to get working for the last several months on Dahua recorders; everything else was failing miserably. I would comment/tell you more, but that's honestly all I can think of right now as possible problems; I don't set up email notifications very often.

Gmail accounts are the only ones I've been able to get working for the last several months on Dahua recorders; everything else was failing miserably. I would comment/tell you more, but that's honestly all I can think of right now as possible problems; I don't set up email notifications very often.

I tried gmail. Didn't work too. Did you have to match the primary and alternate DNS in the TCP/IP to that of the router isp? Someone tried this and it worked but my router isp DNS are all 0.

My NVR is connected to a relay that is connected to high power siren that can be heard over one mile. I don't want the NVR to enable it whenever it encountered critical motion detect. So I want to receive an email first to confirm if there is intruder and hit the siren button at gDSSM to scare him off.

Is your gmail realiable and send message without any delays (maximum of less than 5 secs)? If 3 minutes late, the robber can disable the NVR and siren.

Or have you heard of GSM alarm system where it rings your phone at detection of intruder? It appears this is more reliable, isn't it? CAn you or others recommend any brand?

And please others give more email setup suggestion in the dahua to make it work. Thanks.

The reason I don't use the email notification option is because of the delay. Sometimes you get them instantaneously, and other times it takes twenty minutes. The push alert notifications through the mobile apps have always proved to be much more consistent and reliable for me...as long as it's working.

I'm going to have to go back and see what I did last time. I'll take a screen shot.

The reason I don't use the email notification option is because of the delay. Sometimes you get them instantaneously, and other times it takes twenty minutes. The push alert notifications through the mobile apps have always proved to be much more consistent and reliable for me...as long as it's working.

I'm going to have to go back and see what I did last time. I'll take a screen shot.

Maybe it's better to get those separate security systems where upon pir detection, the system would dial your phone. CCTV pir and email notification doesn't seem to work reliably. What separate security system do you know or use that can dial the cell phones right at the moment of pir detection? And does it work reliably?

I have just about spent a month focusing on cctv at night discovering them.. last point before I forget about them... I just can't make even gmail work in the dahua nvr.. what's the secret how to make it work? Someone says only adjusting dns setting can make it work.. what do you think?

User Name: (my email user name without @ and with tested) Password: (email password)

always appear

someone was said to solve it by the the DNS entry, but there is none in my isp router. So what should I change it into. Any other clue how to make it work? Did yours work? What exactly did you put above?

The DNS settings in the router do not matter since you have public DNS server(s) configured on the NVR(8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4).

For gmail settings:

SMTP Server: smtp.gmail.com

Port: 587 (or 465 for SSL)

User Name: your full email address (including @gmail.com)

Password: (email password)

Receiver (email address to send the alerts to)

Sender your full email address (including @gmail.com)

Subject: (whatever you want in the subject line...)

Encrypt Type: TLS/STARTTLS(if using port 587), or SSL(if using port 465)

always appear

The DNS settings in the router do not matter since you have public DNS server(s) configured on the NVR(8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4).

For gmail settings:

SMTP Server: smtp.gmail.com

Port: 587 (or 465 for SSL)

User Name: your full email address (including @gmail.com)

Password: (email password)

Receiver (email address to send the alerts to)

Sender your full email address (including @gmail.com)

Subject: (whatever you want in the subject line...)

Encrypt Type: TLS/STARTTLS(if using port 587), or SSL(if using port 465)

I have tried every combination imaginable in 2 Nvrs. It just couldn't work. What I haven't tried is plugging the router cable into the built in poe port (default ip 10.1.1.1).. but it can mess up the ip of the router which is 192.168.1.1 I remember someone mentioned email can work by using the poe port.. anyone can clarify all this once and for all?

I've used the following post from my supplier to help me with a DVR I purchased in the past. This should work with your NVR as well. The interface may look a little different, but it will all be the same. Make sure you use the web interface to configure. There is a select box for TLS that is not available on certain levels of PSS.

http://www.123-cctv.com/how-to-set-email-alerts-on-my-dvr.html

Hi Guys! I know this is way too old of a topic but i tried everything you did and it didn't work. Except when i turned ON the "Less secure app access" setting from my google account under the security section. After that it worked with port 465 and SSL encryption. Cheers! 

google_security.JPG

smt_google.JPG