avanti

license plate camera setup for night

hey guys I purchased an LPR700 camera from LTS

http://www.ltsecurityinc.com/lpr700.html

so by default my vendor told me that the camera has been setup for license plate, the problem that i have is at night camera has too much noise, so the camera is behaving like any other regular camera at night....

anyone have any experience with this cameras to recomend me the setting that i have to use, also some people told me to increase the shutter to 1/200 and star from there but i dont know if the camera has that option

anyways thank you very much

This is off there specs: "Shutter Speed NTSC: 1/60 sec - 1/120000 sec"

That being said, unless they're lying, it can be changed somehow through the OSD. I would play around with the shutter rates first before trying to solve a problem you may not have after getting the shutter rate correct for the area you're focusing on.

I have tested this camera and I can tell you it does not have a proper shutter rate control mechanism. This camera runs sub $150 and is not worth a penny when it comes to license plate capture. You will be lucky if you can get a plate capture farther than 15ft. You can forget about night time capture with this unless you add light to the area where the plate is being captured. A real license plate camera requires dual shutter rate control, with a IR sensor in the back of the camera. If you need recommendations, PM me. They will cost you $400 and higher.