DrBo

HikVision DS-7608NI-SE/P - Abnormal Shutdown?!

Hi guys,

I already posted similar questions in other fora, so if you have seen it before, that is why.

My problem is that I am experiencing frequent events of "Abnormal Shutdown" for the NVR. This leaves the NVR "semi-bricked", as it is impossible to contact. Sometimes the LAN led is still it, sometimes not. Some activity seems to be going on "inside", but it is completely catatonic. Only options are to either re-install firmware (very tedious!), or toggle power-switch (which apparently can damage firmware - but if I anyway have to re-install firmware, it seems like the first choice).

My configuration: HikVision 7608NI/SE (original firmware V2.3.7 Build131112), with 5 x HikVision DS-2CD2132-I 3MP cameras. 4 of the cams are connected directly to the NVR's 4 PoE ports; the 5th via a PoE port on a TP-Link TL-SF1008P. The NVR is connected to the LAN through the TP-Link switch (on non-PoE ports).

HDD is a WDC 1 Tb WD10PURX drive. It is not on HikVisions list of compatible HDDs (it's predecessor is), but I have confirmation that the WDxxPURX drives are indeed compatible.

The Abnormal Shutdown happens more or less at random - sometimes during recording, sometimes during playback, and sometimes just out-of-the-blue.

1 2014-12-10 15:02:30 Operation Local: Abnormal Shutdown 0.0.0.0

2 2014-12-16 19:22:45 Operation Local: Abnormal Shutdown 0.0.0.0

3 2014-12-22 04:57:11 Operation Local: Abnormal Shutdown 0.0.0.0

4 2014-12-23 01:33:41 Operation Local: Abnormal Shutdown 0.0.0.0

5 2014-12-28 12:29:35 Operation Local: Abnormal Shutdown 0.0.0.0

6 2015-01-01 16:14:10 Operation Local: Abnormal Shutdown 0.0.0.0

7 2015-01-02 12:34:30 Operation Local: Abnormal Shutdown 0.0.0.0

After the 22 December fault, I installed firmware 2.3.9 per HikVisions recommendation using tftp - but a few hours later, the problem occurred again.

I have tried lowering resolution/bitrate dramatically for the cams - no influence on the shutdown-issue (but even at full 3 Mp / full framerate, it should not be a problem - i.e., below 40 Mbps in total).

It does not seem that I am having power-issues (anything else in my household keeps running - clocks, PCs etc etc).

Any suggestions to what might be wrong?? I did notice that CPU load is ~60% with very static scenes, so maybe it is a CPU overload issue (but then others should experience the same).

Thanks in advance for any help!

Bo

First thing i would do is update to the latest FW:

http://www.hikvisioneurope.com/portal/index.php?dir=Product%20Firmware/Recorder/DS-7600NI-SE%207600NI-V%28VP%29/V3.0.10%20Build141125/

The HDD should not be an issue, i have installed many WD on Hikvision NVR, the only thing i seen before with the WD HDD, which i really never like and i use SV35 HDD, is sometimes they can put so much power out of that small NVR: After updating the FW to v3.0.10,and if the issue persists , i would turn off the NVR and unplug the HDD and turn it back on and let it run to see how it runs, then if that doesn't work, unplug all cameras and let it run and if it doesn't shut off, then plug one camera at a time and see how long it stays on with different amounts of cameras plugged in. Could be your Power supply going out. If issue still persists, RMA it back to Hikvision, but make sure you describe your details and what you have done, because they will plug it on and update it and send it back. This is so we can throw different issues out the window.