Sign in to follow this  
Firefighter

First Export with Blue Iris 4!

So I finally got rid of Xprotect Go and decided to Purchase Blue Iris, with their new release of BlueIris 4.

Here is my first export using motion detection while having a package delivered.

Does it look alright? With the super bright sun and shadows I'm happy with the overall image.

Blue Iris 4

Hikvision 3mp 4mm bullet. (1 of 7)

Looks good. I haven't updated to V4 yet, but it's looking pretty stable. The image is pretty washed out where the sun is bright on the road, but that's a pretty small part of the FOV, and your detail between light and shadow looks good.

I like to have a longer motion detect break time on critical cams like this. When the motion is briefly stopped, like when the mailman is behind the truck, it looks like it times out and stops, picking up again when he's back in the FOV. The sensitivity is good, so you catch everything, but if someone stood still while doing something without a lot of motion, you'd lose that part of it. This is a trade-off with separating out MD events and having more dead air when, say, a car goes by.

Alternately, increasing your pre-trigger frames will catch more activity before the MD kicks in, avoiding the moving object suddenly appearing in the video.

lol, I did a pretrigger of 5 seconds but It doesn't seem to recording the time before the trigger. I'll double check it and report back.

Pretrigger is set in the form of fps...so if your camera is delivering 15 fps your pretrigger needs to be 75 to get five seconds.....the higher you go the more cpu and memory you use..three seconds is generally enough...

Here's an export from today. Completely cloudy outside at about 32* outside.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23fWX0Ym4d8&feature=youtu.be

I'm running 5 Hikvision 3MP bullets, all at 3MP 10FPS except a couple at 15fps. (Still have my 6th to put up) and

BI4 is saying It's at 50% cpu usage which is backed up by my desktop widget showing the same thing.

If the camsstart recording it jumps to about 70%....

Is this a little high? or about normal...

I'm running a custom desktop that I built. I7 with 6gb ram, graphics card is 1gb, and I have 3 harddrives but BlueIris has it's own 2TB...

Looks decent...

Notice how much more careful UPS handled that box than USPS in the last video? HA!

UPS:

USPS: SMACK on the concrete.

Decoding 2MP video is cpu intensive... 3MP that much more. It's too bad these apps don't harness the power of the GPU in modern graphics cards. They could eat multiple HD streams and not break a sweat. A CUDA enabled app (for nVidia card owners) would be fantastic.

I like my BI box to run between 60% and 70% at idle, usually closer to 60%. You don't want it to hit 100% when multiple cams are recording since that can cause video dropouts, and viewing from a remote client will add some CPU load too.

I used to run at 15 fps, but dropped everything to 10 fps as I added more cams to keep the CPU down. Anything that BI does to the video adds to the CPU load; rotating video, timestamps, whatever. If you use direct to disk, you can't do any of that, and the CPU will be lower.

The cam looks good for that price range, but most cams look good during the daytime. The Hik 2CD2xxx series don't have great night performance, and you have to pay a fair bit more for a cam to improve that.