Joeinamillion

Hikvision DS-2CD4324F-IZHS questions

I'm just starting my research into the cameras I want for a CCTV system. I've picked the brand, HikVision, after reading this form and info I found elsewhere. The model I have questions about right now is the DS-2CD4324F-IZHS. It retails for about $260cnd at one online site I found. Is that a fair price? I want to stay with a Canadian [Ontario] retailer, and hope someone here can suggest one. Other questions:

Specs from HikVision site give dimensions as 99.9 x 97.5 x 56.5 mm. is that for the base, or just the dome? Seems small if it's the whole base. I want to mount these on a space the has about 150mm (6 inches) overhang.

Also it says 'Wall mount'. Can it be ceiling mounted [under mount]? I would like to ceiling mount two of these, and want to know if the camera can still be angled however I need.

The specs also mention the camera lens, and lens mount (m12). If I get a unit with a 4mm lens, can I switch it out to a 12mm later? Are lenses sold separately. Is the cost of doing that worth while? Is it easy to change the lens?

This is a 1.3MP camera with a max res of 1280x960, and a 720p res of 1280x720. When would I want to use (or not use) the 960? Typing this I think I figured it out. Is 1280x960 equal to 4:3 ratio and 1280x720 equal to 16:9 ratio?

So far I've only seen these units in white, do they come in black or are paintable covers sold?

I'm thinking of starting with this style with these resolutions like this:

2 @ 1.3mp

1 @ 2mp (1080p)

1 @ 3mp

on a 4 or eight channel NVR

Are there any other HikVision models I might consider?

Well that model is more expansive than that. I don't know where you seen that price, but that camera is around 600 US Dollars online, which converts to around 745 Canadian Dollars.

That Camera is a 2MP Smart Outdoor Series, that has a built in heater and blower, which i highly doubt you will be getting that specific one for 260cnd.

Also that camera has a built in lens range from 2.8-12MM, so you can set it anywhere in those ranges. No you cannot just replace the lens.

The junction box that comes with it allows you to Ceiling Mount it or Wall Mount it. The camera can be angled pretty much in any way possible, plus you can rotate and mirror the image once you log into the cameras web interface settings.

These units only come in white. You can break it down and remove the lens and base to paint it a different color if you want.

The max resolution is 1920x1080 at 30FPS, that would be your best bet to getting the best quality out of that camera.

Also where you trying to put these, as in what kind of environment, are they just for home or for business. Also what kind of NVR are you going to use and how many total cameras are you trying to get.

Here is the spec sheet on it if you need more details:

http://www.hikvision.com/UploadFile/image/2014012215300065344.pdf