Memory 2GB DDR2,533MHz, 2x1GB Dual Ranked DIMMs

Hard Drive 250GB 7200 RPM SATA Hard Drive

Primary Controller CERC 6-Channel SATA RAID Controller

Floppy Drive No Floppy Drive

Network Card On-board Single Port Gigabit Network Adapter

Modem 56K Internal Modem for PowerEdge and PowerEdgeSC,Conexant, Unleaded

CD ROM/DVD 48x CDRW/DVD IDE Combo Drive, Half-Height, TSST

2nd Hard Drive 250GB, Serial ATA, 1 inch, 7.2K RPM, Additional Hard Drive

Hard Drive Configuration SATA RAID 1 with 2 SATA Drives Connected to add in CERC Raid Controller

Drive Cage Configuration Chassis with Non-Hot Swap Drives for PE830

Additional Network Card Intel Pro 100S Network Adapter

If I can use this system with the geo (8 or 16 cam), could you all please tell me what else i need for this pc (Dell) beside video card, operating system xp pro. thanks for all your help.

Intel E7230 server chipset, should work but it's not on the list of tested chipsets.

All Geo cards should be a go, you will need the cams and their power supply plus the wire/cable to hook it all up.

Depending on which Geo board you use it should work fine. The combo boards act slightly different when using PCI Raid Controllers due to IRQ conflicts since the PCI bridge chip is different. The work around is done in the BIOS if you feel comfortable making advanced setting changes.

Scottj

Thanks Scottj and CollinR for your help...I'm trying to set up a pc base system with geo card, but having little trouble with the pc hardware department. I wanted a better, faster and more stable components for the pc, but of all the "ready made system" that some company selling here in the forum are not very good or barely meet spec. Beside order parts from neweggs or tigerdirect and spent time put them together, are there any places that i can order a pc (such as Dell) that i can install the geo card and will not have the compatability issues? If any can point me to the right direction, I'm greatly appreciated. Thank you all.

hi Rory

i'm looking at the latest geo card that can provide me with at least 6 to8 camera at 30fps (not sure i needed this much, but is it better to have more than less?). Any suggestion for best options in pc hardware and geo cards are greatly appreciated. If I have to give the dollars wise, could I do something with 3k or less. Thank you

Yeah you will need a decent system for that card, the 1240 .. speak to ScottJ or Sal (Digital Watchguard)