bodmas

[Need Help] How to get Public IP from WiMax Broadband connec

Hello Members,

I have WiMax Broadband of BEYOND ISP with dynamic IP and they are using REDMAX router. Fortunately, i have configured their router to watch my DVR online through Port Forwarding and Dynamic DNS (Hostname) but didnt succeed in viewing cameras online. I am getting BEYOND ISP Login page after entering hostname (Dynamic DDNS). Its seems like they have alloted me private IP from their end. Is it possible to get public IP through any settings in WiMax router?

I am repeating again, there is no Bridge mode activated in router or STATIC IP given by ISP.

Advance thanks!!

Hello Members,

I have WiMax Broadband of BEYOND ISP with dynamic IP and they are using REDMAX router. Fortunately, i have configured their router to watch my DVR online through Port Forwarding and Dynamic DNS (Hostname) but didnt succeed in viewing cameras online. I am getting BEYOND ISP Login page after entering hostname (Dynamic DDNS). Its seems like they have alloted me private IP from their end. Is it possible to get public IP through any settings in WiMax router?

I am repeating again, there is no Bridge mode activated in router or STATIC IP given by ISP.

Advance thanks!!

Change port 80 in your dvr to 90,forward port 90 in your modem and change it in the ddns account.

If I understand you correctly, you are saying that your ISP does not allocate you a public IP? If that is the case, I would search for a new ISP.

If the issue is that your router is getting a public IP on it's WAN and then giving private IPs to your other devices, then you will need to do some port forwarding.

The router should have some sort of listing for it's WAN address. Check to see what it is, and if it is RFC 1918 compliant. (https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc1918). If the WAN IP does not fall into any of the ranges in RFC 1918, then you just need to forward ports. If you do not want to read and understand RFC1918, just look for the WAN IP in the router, and then google "what is my ip" If they match, you should be good, proceed to forward ports in your router.

If your ISP is in fact giving you a private RFC 1918 address, then you will need to contact your ISP and request that they forward the appropriate ports on their end.