Lu7s

DS-2CD2032-I Update DS-2CD2032F-I

Well 2CD2032F-I, it has a micro SD slot, which the 2CD2032-I does not... That alone is a nice upgrade!

Yes, it`s a nice update for this model.

I wonder if they add more features to other models...

BTW, I love your city...

Wow, did you see that large thing on the pigtail? Dahua tried that and it failed miserably and they stopped doing it.

What was the problem ?

BTW, I love your city...

Thanks, so do I

Wow, did you see that large thing on the pigtail? Dahua tried that and it failed miserably and they stopped doing it.

What was the problem ?

I can see it being a problem if you need to pass the cabling through a hole, if you have to keep them inside a junction box (which would need to be a lot bigger), etc. I wonder what it is for...?

Looks like a ferrite choke, used to supress high frequency interfering noise on the line. You see them often on video cables, etc. Like the one going to your computer monitor sometimes.

That would be one big ferrite core. It's almost as long the camera itself. If it's like what Dahua tried and failed at was moving the PoE circuit outside the camera and maybe they did this to make room for the SD card slot. And yes, putting that extra piece in a j-box or fitting it through a hole with tight bend is going to be problematic. Since I rarely use SD cards on cameras, I would hope they keep making the ds-2cd2032-i.

So I don't see this as a big improvement as much as I see it as an epic fail, like "New Coke" scale, LOL. This is great news for Dahua that made that mistake, learned from it and now they can watch their neighbor in Hangzhou do the same.

Yeah it does look huge to be a ferrite choke.. unless it has to be that big due to the possible long cable runs. Just guessing.

I didn't know about the Dahua thing.. sounds reasonable.