Vaughan

Preset Positions PTZ

Hello i have a ptz camera with rs-584, and anykeeper software and 16ch 240fps dvr card, when i got this card a allso got the i/o board for it , thinking that my wireless pir's can trigger the softwares preset PTZ pisitions,

but the soft ware does not seem to be able to do preset pisitions, so dont know what the point of the alarm input is on the i o board. but anyway

what im trying to find out is there any software avalible with it own i/o board (pci) that can have the alarm triggers to turn the ptz through the com port , i have a rs232 to rs485 converter.

or a stand alloan unit to do the same thing,

dont realy want to have to buy a whole new dvr card and software to do this.

Vaughan sorry but I have not seen a dvr that has that option. What I have seen you can make the cam popup on the screne of the dvr, send an e-mail when tripped, make a sound file play when tripped. Maybe one of the others can chime in and tell us more.

The Geo based systems can do exactly what you are requesting. You can use an input device to trigger a PTZ to move to a predefined position. You can also use additional output devices upon PTZ movement such as adding a strobe indication light to a guard station etc. Effectively the system is capable of much more if designed properly.

Scottj