i gotta run 6 coax all in the same path in drop ceilling for 150'....

my question is, what method do you onrolled the coax from the reel...i am going to use 6 of them and pull right the coax off of them all together (6)...

do you all have a rack you put the reels on or something?

Couple of plastic milkcrates and piece of pipe, ridgid conduit, broomhandle,,whatever's handy!!

yea.. we dont talk about what we use .. lets just put it this way.. I'm no carpenter.

I just made one out of wood one day, took 10 mins, holds 2 large coils, its great. what also works is a ladder and a pipe =p

it might be cheaper and.. better result for you to run 2 cat5, with some baulns on em. They also got a cool "hub" for that type of setup. Not sure exactly what its called or who makes it.

we try to buy the majority of our wire in boxes if possible. Our main business is wire pulling network and phone cable mostly. We have a variety or wire racks but with boxes it is one less thing to have to haul to the job site.

Many years ago I worked for a company doing Data Communications where pulling 25 to 30 wires at a time was not to uncommon. Boxes could be a pain because a tangle within required opening the box to sort it out. Was easier with spools. We would have our least productive worker or "newbie" stand and watch the spools just incase. For those occasions we had large wire racks on wheels. For small projects I have used everthing from an office desk, chair, soda machine ... anything to prop a small piece of pipe, broom handle ... what ever I could find to run a spool or two on. I learned to be creative. I remember running into rhe rest room and dumping a bunch of liquid soap in my hands. I was pulling wires through conduits that already had wires within, and too lazy to go down 30 flights of staires to work van for real pull lube.

I like the reel in a box design they have now which is best of both worlds.