I don't follow CCTV industry but seems like ISC West is right around the corner...

From the time of expo, what is the timeframe when said products shown are generally released. 2 months, 6 months, a year later...

About to drop some $$ on some 3367VE but I'd hate to have something *newer* come out right afterwards. Heh, who knows. Maybe there will be a new starlight dome

Come to the show, I can get you free passes if you are in the industry and the correct answer is yes to that question Frankly, I'm still waiting on stuff demo'ed from last April, LOL.

Axis, now Canon, announces products with availability several months out. Then they release it in certain Euro markets. It could be 2-3 months before a camera they say is currently available until it ends up at U.S. distributors. Frustrating when you need a camera now knowing that the next big thing is just around the corner. Like computer processors, monitors, TV's, anything tech.

LOL. Some things - like m TV's - the ones I want are not made anymore ....hehe, I've got a 55 and 65" Plasma at home.

In the process of tweaking the vacay house. Wish I could put a Plasma in there as well - I prefer the colors and viewing angles, and IMO, nothing on the market is comparable currently.

Tech as always will always be a chasing game. It's whether wait for the next best thing, and or just be *content*

I like their wording

"Axis’ Zipstream technology analyzes and optimizes the network camera’s video stream in real time. Scenes containing interesting details are recorded in full image quality and resolution while other areas are filtered out, to optimally use available bandwidth and storage."