skywalkerdigital

advice needed - how do i get my cable into my loft ??

Hi

I am wanting to install 4 cameras up on the exterior of my house, Starting with the front. The problem is I was planning on installing the cameras on my soffit so that I can put the cable straight through into my loft. But when I got up the ladder I realised my soffits are asbestos!!

I don't know any other way into my loft ADVICE NEEDED PLEASE!!? thanks I am very new to this

Do you think I should Drill the RG59 through the asbestos?

I know nothing about asbestos H&S?

If I drill though the asbestos soffit and cable through -- would that be safe with it being bang outside my baby's bedroom window..?

I mean won't the particles from the hole go through window if open?? any advise?

HOW DO PROFESSIONALS DO THIS?

WOULD THE JUST RUN A CABLE AROUND THE HOUSE AND GO IN THROUGH THE GABLE END ??

Edited by Guest

I know nothing about asbestos H&S

If I do this the hole I make to put the cable through -- would that be safe with it being bang outside my baby's bedroom window , I mean won't the particles from the hole go through window if open?

If you are running new cable, do yourself a favor and use cat5/6 not rg59...get an ip system...if you insist on analog, use cat5/6 with baluns so you can easily upgrade later..

I have 4 triax TDV796W/G cameras and a 8 DVR already .. is it better to use cat 6?

I am just trying to find out what to do in my circumstances in regards to the soffit being asbestos ..?? Should I put connectors in a dome extension ring or a waterproof junction box and run cable round the house and in through the gable end to avoid drilling asbestos??

can anyone help???

Thanks

If I do this the hole I make to put the cable through -- would that be safe with it being bang outside my baby's bedroom window , I mean won't the particles from the hole go through window if open?

If you are running new cable, do yourself a favor and use cat5/6 not rg59...get an ip system...if you insist on analog, use cat5/6 with baluns so you can easily upgrade later..

Do you think I should scrap the RG59 for this install then?

do most installers now use cat 5 or 6 with baluns for everything? not just ip

I am trying to get as much helpful knowledge as possible so I can install cctv for others when confident

Do you think I should scrap the RG59 for this install then?

do most installers now use cat 5 or 6 with baluns for everything? not just ip

I am trying to get as much helpful knowledge as possible so I can install cctv for others when confident

You should scrap the idea of doing an analog install period? Why would you want to if this is a new install...its much easier to fish a single ethernet cable than Siamese coax