Sign in to follow this  
smokingjoe

Monitor display

I asked this question in a different post but did not get any replies.

Maybe this is a stupid question. If so please let me know. I am just trying to figure out what it takes to get the best playback quality I can get.

Hi all

Using Dahua NVR

Recording at 1080P and viewing playback on a 1080P monitor.

When reviewing a recorded file the actual playback image is being displayed using about 75% of the monitor screen. The rest of the monitor screen is being used to display the file list on the right and the time line on the bottom.

My question is, since I am only using 75% of the 1080P resolution of the monitor to view the recorded file that was recorded at 1080P, how can I be getting a 1080P resolution? It seems to me that it would be compressed to fit into this smaller viewing screen?

My thoughts are that maybe I should be recording at something like 720P so it will match this smaller viewing window that is displayed while using playback.

Your monitor has no bearing on your recorded video. You could be playing it back on a 480p monitor and you'd still be looking at 1080p recorded video during playback, it just wouldn't look very pretty. Should you actually find yourself needing to back it up to turn over for whatever reason, it will still be in 1080p.

If you really want to see what it looks like, take a snapshot from the GUI and look at it on your computer. You're probably getting a better picture than you're even aware of.

Thanks for the reply.

I am actually getting a very clear image but just wanting to make sure that I am not leaving anything on the table that could make it a little better.

Thanks again Smokingjoe

Thanks for the reply.

I am actually getting a very clear image but just wanting to make sure that I am not leaving anything on the table that could make it a little better.

Thanks again Smokingjoe

I can't try locally with my Dahua now, but how about trying a "double click" on the video feed, to see if it goes to full screen?