birte1

How can I connect Hikvision to wifi without a LAN connection

I have just got a new router and now I need to set-up the new wifi in my Hikvision DS-2CD2532F-IWS.

But my camera is mounted to the wall and cannot be moved and my new router is too far away to get it connected via LAN.

I do not have the old router anymore.

Any brilliant ideas for what I can do to get the camera connected to my wifi?

In the manual it says that the is a "virtual" WBS in the camera setting, but without a LAN connection I cannot get into the settings.

Do I realy have to demount the camera and all its sealed connections to get this to Work?

I do not have the old router anymore.

If it is using wifi now, you should have changed the camera config from the old wifi to the new wifi before geting rid of the old router.

If the old wifi network is gone, and the camera only has a power connector (it does not have a network cable connected), then I think it is time to get a laptop and a ladder.

The camera does have a lan connection - I can connect it to a laptop but how do I access the camera directly from my laptop? I only know how to access the camera via its own ip-address. And when I access via my laptop I only have the ip-address for the laptop. Can you help med futher (the I will find a latter )

Then if it does have a lan cable, you won't needing a ladder. Just plug your laptop on the other end of the cable.

Since there will be nothing else on the network, you will need to configure manually the network on your computer, so it is on the same subnet of the IP camera and it can reach it. If your camera is, let's say, 192.168.1.50, you can configure your laptop with IP 192.168.1.1 / 255.255.255.0. There is no need for gateway or DNS servers, since you won't be going online.

Once both laptop and camera are on the same subnet, you can connect to the camera with a web browser, change the wifi settings on the camera so it connects to the new wifi network, and you are done

Thanks. When I have changed the IP-settings on the laptop and connected the camera via LAN between the camera and laptop as you suggest, how do I then connect to the camera - which command or IP-address to I have to key in?

I managed to get it to work

I could not connect via the PC but I figured out that I did not need internet to connect the camera and then I could move the router near to the camera and then connect the lan-cable from the camera to the router and then I could set up the wifi.