dbug

New installation - newbie

just purchased a qvis 005 setup with 2 x 960h cameras

Live in a 2 story house and the dvr will sit upstairs relatively close to the 2 cameras. Cables will run through the loft so no problems.

One issue is that the router is in downstairs cupboard and I don't want to move it.

Is a simple solution to use Powerline adapters to get a wireless signal to the dvr?

Thanks

just purchased a qvis 005 setup with 2 x 960h cameras

Live in a 2 story house and the dvr will sit upstairs relatively close to the 2 cameras. Cables will run through the loft so no problems.

One issue is that the router is in downstairs cupboard and I don't want to move it.

Is a simple solution to use Powerline adapters to get a wireless signal to the dvr?

Thanks

Hi. Yes power line is the best way to go ...... Pc world sell netgear at a good price

Thanks Tom, I got the bt 500mini units as I thought they would talk to the homehub 5 without any issues.

Managed to get the whole system going without any problems.

Using the app on phone and tablet works well. Now just need to work out how to install everything nice and tidy!

Even better if you have the bt500 .. That's what I use

They or any other don't need any settings to connect to any router

But the bt500 can also be used independant to your router and what I do find is with infinity and using a 500 it holds your wan IP address so no need for a DNS service