mintex

Poor night vision

Hi

I have a swann platinum hd (720p) 8 channel system with the NVR8-7082 dvr with swann SWNHD- 806CAM cameras.

The picture in the day is great but at night its not so good as its quite dark were i live. Whats the best way to improve this, getting ir illuminators, normal outside lighting, changing the cameras ( they have the lan rj45 cables) or another way?

Any Advice would be very much appreciated

Dave

Try this.

I do not now if this applies to your camera but give it a try. Find flicker control in the settings and configure it as indoor ntsc. If you leave in America try the pal.

It might give you more illuminated video at night.

Hi

I have a swann platinum hd (720p) 8 channel system with the NVR8-7082 dvr with swann SWNHD- 806CAM cameras.

The picture in the day is great but at night its not so good as its quite dark were i live. Whats the best way to improve this, getting ir illuminators, normal outside lighting, changing the cameras ( they have the lan rj45 cables) or another way?

Any Advice would be very much appreciated

Dave

Light always helps these situations. If you want it to be stealth, then ir. Otherwise, normal light would work too.

Thanks everyone.

I have put an extra if illuminator on the main gates and that has helped , i might try extra normal lights that are left on all the time and see if its better with this or the illuminator

Thanks everyone.

I have put an extra if illuminator on the main gates and that has helped , i might try extra normal lights that are left on all the time and see if its better with this or the illuminator

You can also just get some massive cfl bulbs in some existing lights that would help to bring more light to the area. I used two Eiko 85w in my two lights next to my garage to light up my entire front yard.

The only solution is to buy a good night vision camera. You should look at various tips at the time of buying night camera. Focus on following factors:

Decide Between a Color or Black and White Camera

Choose the System Connectivity Type

Consider an Outdoor or Indoor System

Choose the Number of Cameras in a System

Decide Upon Light Sensitivity and Lux.

decided to replace the swann platinum hd (720p) system with a sentient pro 1080p 4 channel system (model number NVR-4POE-BB) and the quality is much better, the cameras react and adjust better to light changes and the system has better options.

I shall never buy a swann system again.

11268220_20150524_231114(853x480).jpg.02e1e6d7a6744b5d1b3b54f3de7a217f.jpg

decided to replace the swann platinum hd (720p) system with a sentient pro 1080p 4 channel system (model number NVR-4POE-BB) and the quality is much better, the cameras react and adjust better to light changes and the system has better options.

I shall never buy a swann system again.

[attachment=0]20150524_231114 (853 x 480).jpg[/attachment]

Its got nothing to do with swann vs sentient...swann have several dfferent type of systems-none of which they make, some are hikvision others are not...your sentient system is a rebranded dahua system....you cant simply say all swann is bad..or vice versa, they dont make any of it..its all rebranded...sentient may have a bad system as well...its just a matter of who makes the system itself..

all i know is that the sentient system knocks spots of the swann one and that's good enough for me.