harejonathan

Multiple CCTV Camera on single Ethernet Cable

Good Afternoon Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone could answer a question for me.

Scenario: I am installing CCTV cameras throughout my preschool. The school came with Ethernet Patch Panels already installed. I have a ethernet line running to all the CCTV camera on one side of the building. My plan was to take the different combination of wires and punch then into this patch panel and connect a main line to the other patch panel in the front of the school where the monitor and DVR is located.

Question: Is this possible? Or Will I need to run each line from the back to the front of the school?

Please see diagram included.

1622181866_InstallationPlan.jpg.82924b41220f3acb83c3eb1f009c2bfa.jpg

I've sent private message with some info relating to the questions you asked.

PM me if you want me to elaborate...

Edited by Guest

Hi. It's a pre school

First see any regulations for your area you can't just install.

Forget using baluns and analog.... It sounds like you have a local network already in place.

You need to go IP camera system ..... You will end up with a much better system and a system fit for use in a pre school. Where are you located ?? Look up regulations and low voltage for your area

as long as the supported distance of the balm is not exceeded then it will work though you will get signal lose on each joint, also the rish of the camera been unplugged on the cat 5.

i would use coax to each camera and a 4ch balm each side to the cat5 to minimize signal lose and disconnections

268040_1.jpg

Yeah go on IP, don't consider the bandwidth or network speed, just drag the network down like some of the twits who installed IP systems that I have been out to rectify.