GrahamM

Arecont Vision 3 megapixel cameras

I have Tamron lenses on 4 of the camera's, the quality is ok but not as good as i hoped for. Is there a better lens option for megapixel cameras?

This is the system i am installing :-

4 x Arecont Vision AV3100AI with Tamron 6mm lenses.

2 x Arecont Vision AV3130 with 2 x Xavee 4.5-10mm lenses.

4TB storage server.

POE switches with 1gbit fibre uplinks.

I am not an expert on CCTV so any advice would be very helpful.

Thanks

i would be very intersted in details or any photos you have from footage of these cameras in action. im getting some demo equipment lent to me to play with but im not convinced on these units

best regards,

sam

Tamron should produce great images. Otherwise I Prefer Fujinon, but Computar is also a high end lens.

POE may be the issue though - only a 12VDC camera ... also try powering it from a 12VDC power source at the camera.

Either way, they arent really CCTV cameras, and they suggest Computar Mega Pixel Lenses.

Rory

frosted,

PM me your email address and i'll send you a little video clip.

rory,

Can i get a 4mm megapixel lens? I could only find 8mm+ on their website.

I am only using POE on the cameras. I have no other way of powering them.

The nearest lens to a 4mm suitable for a 3 megapixel camera, might be the Schneider 4.8mm f1.8 (C mount). Not an easy lens to locate, and I dread to think what the price might be

BTW, welcome to the forum GrahamM

The nearest lens to a 4mm suitable for a 3 megapixel camera, might be the Schneider 4.8mm f1.8 (C mount). Not an easy lens to locate, and I dread to think what the price might be

I found a price for that lens.

BTW, welcome to the forum GrahamM

Thanks

thanks btw chap for the emails, very helpfull.

think im going to lookforward to the demo kit im getting in a month or so

Is there an alternative to LuxRiot that supports Arecont Vision cameras? I tried Milestone XProtect but it only seems to support one older model in it's beta drivers.

I did get a response and i have the camera working ok on xprotect. We have bought LuxRiot so hopefully they will fix the problems with this software.

This is a graph of the bandwidth usage for one camera, for anyone interested.

39355_1.png

Was it camera model specific or something more general ?

Who knows. Playing back from the archive doesn't work properly, it will work a for bit then it will just display errors. It might be the amount of data it is storing that is the problem, i only have one camera recording at the moment and it is using over 150GB per day.

150 gig a day?

i belive there are options to change the recording quality within the framerate, however ill be investigating properly 2mrw as im getting a demo camera and kit

150 gig a day?

i belive there are options to change the recording quality within the framerate, however ill be investigating properly 2mrw as im getting a demo camera and kit

That was at high quality, i now use half resolution and motion detection. You really need megapixel lenses for these cameras to use the full resolution.

ill try and tell you what one comes with my demo (they said im getting the right lens) and my apologies i just re read my reply and i sound like a bloody arogent arse lol!

Well i was stating the obvious. I meant you really need megapixel lenses but there isn't a large choice of lenses available at the moment.

There are some new Computar lenses available.

HG2Z0414FC-MP 4-8mm megapixel C-Mount, the only problem is the AI cable is only 9cm long. Hopefully they will have a longer cable option.

H0514-MP 5mm megapixel C-Mount.

ive had a 2mp one for testing now. not actually that impressed

hoping that one ill get for testing after ifsec will be better!

What were you expecting? Are you using them in low light? They are not very good for that. The videos on arecont vision's website look quite impressive but i've not managed to anything like that quality.

If you want high quality, what about Lumenera cameras. The Le256(1920x1080@15fps) and Le11056(4008x2672@5fps), both use CCD sensors and SLR lenses.

I just rxd my starter/demo kit from AV, model 3130 D/N with 2/3' Computar 12mm lenses. Very good image quality, but still testing. I'm using a "Luxriot" DVR server. Has soon as I added the Arecont camera error and XXXX started happening. It seem the stream fropm the Arecont hangs or pauses about very 3-5 seconds, which causes an "error" or the picture to the logo screen. Using the AV software I think I can see this pausing in the stream, so I'm not sure if it's Luxriot or the AV cam.

FYI- The luxriot DVR sever has a cheesy 4 ch capature card which doesn't capture a 720 x 480 camera. On motion, which happens in the real world, creates a serrated type distortion on the object in motion. It was touted as the advanced unit. The card is a Pro video PV149p and dosen't seem to have the DSP power needed...

The Luxriot DVR server has a 3.2Ghz Pentium 4. I cut the AV 3130 resoultion to "half" and the system stablized.

FYI: AV recommends a 3.2 dual-core processor.

Overall great images in the 900 x 600 mode @ 18 FPS...

I think the mega pixel cams are nice, but I think I will stick with 1.3mp cameras.

You can pretty much use any DVR Card. Ive got a GeoVision card to work with generic software like LuxRiot .. not using the Geo drivers ofcourse ..