mrMe

Self Made Cloud Storage?

Hi,

New user and first post here so bare with me!

I have acquired the Samsung Smartcamera Pro recently and was tinkering around with storage ideas.

I'm inquiring to see if it is possible to have the video feed store directly to a web hosting account. In fact I currently have a few business accounts that have unlimited storage, and was wondering if there is a way to have the camera feed directly store to one of those. This way there is no "local" NAS which can be tampered with and render the footage useless say there was a home invasion or house fire ETC.

I know the drop cam has the cloud base storage however since I already have hosting accoutns I was wondering If i could tap into those.

Cheers & thanks for the input.

Hi,

I have acquired the Samsung Smartcamera Pro recently and was tinkering around with storage ideas.

I'm inquiring to see if it is possible to have the video feed store directly to a web hosting account. In fact I currently have a few business accounts that have unlimited storage, and was wondering if there is a way to have the camera feed directly store to one of those. This way there is no "local" NAS which can be tampered with and render the footage useless say there was a home invasion or house fire ETC.

I know the drop cam has the cloud base storage however since I already have hosting accoutns I was wondering If i could tap into those.

Can your camera and web account be set up for FTP?

I should also point out that unless you have a some serious upstream speed on you internet connection you will not be able to upstream real time footage of any quality.

Have you considered hiding / locking away your NVR.

Hi,

Can your camera and web account be set up for FTP?

I should also point out that unless you have a some serious upstream speed on you internet connection you will not be able to upstream real time footage of any quality.

Have you considered hiding / locking away your NVR.

There's several was to try to do this, but like SyconsciousAu pointed out, you will need some serious Ethernet wire-speed upload bandwidth to make this work well.

If you have upload of 100Mbps+, you can simply upload to an ftp server at a web host. It's going to be a lot of data, and I think you'll quickly find out that most 'unlimited' plans do actually have a limit when you use them this way.