Sign in to follow this  
bass1176

23awg vs 24awg cat6

Trying to future proof as per recent posts, I will go with cat6 for the upcoming project.

Reading ebay feedback from a potential seller, it seems the sold-cable did not meet the customers specs after certain lengths.

so I come to you for another advise on a reliable source. I cant imagine doing cabling twice nor will I chance this.

So does anyone recommend a reliable source and would you go with 23awg or 24awg, monoprice which where I was going to, does not offer 23awg ( in ready made), and only 24awg slightly thinner.

Trying to future proof as per recent posts, I will go with cat6 for the upcoming project.

Reading ebay feedback from a potential seller, it seems the sold-cable did not meet the customers specs after certain lengths.

so I come to you for another advise on a reliable source. I cant imagine doing cabling twice nor will I chance this.

So does anyone recommend a reliable source and would you go with 23awg or 24awg, monoprice which where I was going to, does not offer 23awg ( in ready made), and only 24awg slightly thinner.

please dont buy your cable on ebay...you cant trust the sellers..Monoprice is great, as well as "cable matters" on amazon.

You will be way better off just making you own cable as it will be much easier to fish.

If you dont want to do that, then you are WAY better off buying from monoprice even if it is 24...it will be just fine. At least you know what you are getting...they are within full cat6 specification.

He was looking for premade cable...monoprice has 23awg in bulk cable as well.

I missed that part.

Probably because I have terminated everything but patch cords for the last 20 years.

He was looking for premade cable...monoprice has 23awg in bulk cable as well.

I missed that part.

Probably because I have terminated everything but patch cords for the last 20 years.

Same here...

I was very close to getting ebay's.

I will go with a 23awg roll from monoprice and deal with terminating them, little bit more time but can be tailored better, also the cat6 modules seem to be easier with the inserts.

Cheers and thank you again for your priceless input.