shaqdiesel

Need some help with DVR system

I am looking to put together a dvr with 4 color/infrared cameras for residential purposes. Need the dvr to record at 30pps and need the cameras to be able to record in day and night with good resolution. Need atleast a 40gb hard drive and need to be able to connect to it via the internet.

Looking to spend a total of $1500

Is this possible? If so, can anyone make any recomendations?

forgot to mention that it needs to be a standalone dvr. I am also looking for a dvr that I will not have to worry about breaking down as it will be several hours away from me (so it will need to be able to reboot itself if it loses power).

The toshiba DVR's are good for small jobs, you can schedwel them to re-boot as many times a week as you want and they will re-boot if the power goes down, also they have network capabalties so you can controll it via the internet. as far as a infared camera just go witha good Day/night camera. all the manafactures make one, Panasonic, pelco, sanyo,samsung, philis ECT.

He isn't going to get a Toshiba DVR for $1500. There KVKLR 4 ch with no HD retails for twice that. Talk to the Monster he has low budget systems that will fit your needs.

forgot to mention that it needs to be a standalone dvr. I am also looking for a dvr that I will not have to worry about breaking down as it will be several hours away from me (so it will need to be able to reboot itself if it loses power).

Standalones don't break down? Interesting........

Scottj

Almost all standalone DVRs write setting in the flash memory and auto recover. Standalone normally means work as long as power is on. The operation systems they use generally speaking are various types of realtime operation system, not like the "MS Windows" on which most of the PC systems are built on. (Of course, some of them are trying to move on to Linux) Thus, on the issue of breaking down, standalone and PC-based all have their shares.