AndyBoy

I NEED THE PINOUT CONFIG FOR 2 OLD PTZ CAMERAS

Hi. I have 2 very old PTZ Cameras that I need to understand the pinouts of each. I've restored the PTZ assembly using an Arduino microcontroller board and need to connect the cameras once I know the pinout config. Thanks in advance.

ULTRAK

Camera 1. Model: SCZ-300/E/X

P/N: 843216-0901

DIAMOND ELECTRONICS

Camera 2. Model: SCZ-300/C/X

P/N: 517887-3040

Is it possible that these cameras follow a standard pinout config for the 7 pin and 9 pin ribbon plugs?

image1.JPG.a6a4e3ca657489dfc0c481bd26818c1d.JPG

image2.JPG.436c266e9e55a74111f7e6133cf8f59c.JPG

Edited by Guest

Hi.

Don't understand what you mean about pin out

From the light brown connector in your picture it is a basic ribbon connection back to the control in PTZ head

Hi.

Don't understand what you mean about pin out

From the light brown connector in your picture it is a basic ribbon connection back to the control in PTZ head

Hmm

I am more interested what He mean by " restored PTZ assembly using an Arduino"

Thanks for the Quick Repsponse...I want to connect these Cameras independantly so I need to understand which "wires" of the Ribbon Cable do I connect to power, ground, video etc.

Thanks for the Quick Repsponse...I want to connect these Cameras independantly so I need to understand which "wires" of the Ribbon Cable do I connect to power, ground, video etc.

Don't think you are understanding ........they are PTZ modules

So your not dealing with the PTZ side ??

Camera data is in head control

@AK357 - I used an Arduino UNO with a L298n Motor driver and a Joystick. With a bit of wire and a sketch copied from the internet I've managed to get the original Pitmann motors working off the Arduino controlled by the Joystick x and y...

image11.JPG.9f570afa06ca2d8c7b4aef86c0004543.JPG

image12.JPG.a76d768a33fc9b5bd92962d06bf7dbfe.JPG

@AK357 - I used an Arduino UNO with a L298n Motor driver and a Joystick. With a bit of wire and a sketch copied from the internet I've managed to get the original Pitmann motors working off the Arduino controlled by the Joystick x and y..

Thx for info

I respect effort and desire

@ tomcctv.

I think I do understand now - And very dissapointed that these modules are almost useless to me now... I've removed all Circuit boards from the PTZ housing and left just the motors. I thought I could just wire up the cameras as you would with normal CCTV security Cameras..

Is there perhaps any alternatives?

I found on this picture on this forum - it shows pinouts hence my wishfull thinking - I was hopeful that there is a similar illustration for my Cameras.

Do you guys suggest I try alternative and stop waisting time on the MOdules I have?

pinout.gif.83ef9c69dc0230d588249391476a7610.gif

@ tomcctv.

I think I do understand now - And very dissapointed that these modules are almost useless to me now... I've removed all Circuit boards from the PTZ housing and left just the motors. I thought I could just wire up the cameras as you would with normal CCTV security Cameras..

Is there perhaps any alternatives?

Hi. It depends if your using all your work as learning .

I do understand what your trying to do but at each stage you will have problems

Seeing your images ...... Yes you can take control of motors ....... Your next step would be to get the Data protocol stored on to your board

Other problem looking at your boards ....... Your only moving low voltage motors ...... By the time you put everything together ...... Power will be your next problem ...... PTZ camera will always try and keep focus then zoom pan tilt ....... You need to take into account its full working power once camera is up and away from local power ........ Camera says 24v in spec